Watton stop for country music singer
An American country music singer whose career has so far lasted 40 years will visit Watton on a tour of the UK this spring.
Gene Watson, who released his latest album A Taste of the Truth in 2009, will perform at Queen's Hall on Saturday April 17.
Now 65, the country star began singing as a child in churches in Palestine, Texas, where he was brought up.
He has since been signed to a number of record labels including Capitol, which he recorded with until 1980, Epic Records, MCA and RMG records.
In total Watson has clocked up 70 hits including Love In The Hot Afternoon, Any Which Way, from the Clint Eastwood film Any Which Way You Can, and Fourteen Carat Mind.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of his UK tour, which begins in York on April 16, he said: 'There's a tremendous number of people around the world who continue to come out to hear some fiddle and steel and songs about heartbreak and real life. Those folks are there to support real country music and make it possible for singers like me to continue to sing it.'
Tickets for Gene Watson's show at Queen's Hall, Norwich Road, Watton, are available by calling 01953 881493.
- 1 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 6 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 7 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 8 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further