Watton stop for country music singer
An American country music singer whose career has so far lasted 40 years will visit Watton on a tour of the UK this spring.
Gene Watson, who released his latest album A Taste of the Truth in 2009, will perform at Queen's Hall on Saturday April 17.
Now 65, the country star began singing as a child in churches in Palestine, Texas, where he was brought up.
He has since been signed to a number of record labels including Capitol, which he recorded with until 1980, Epic Records, MCA and RMG records.
In total Watson has clocked up 70 hits including Love In The Hot Afternoon, Any Which Way, from the Clint Eastwood film Any Which Way You Can, and Fourteen Carat Mind.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of his UK tour, which begins in York on April 16, he said: 'There's a tremendous number of people around the world who continue to come out to hear some fiddle and steel and songs about heartbreak and real life. Those folks are there to support real country music and make it possible for singers like me to continue to sing it.'
Tickets for Gene Watson's show at Queen's Hall, Norwich Road, Watton, are available by calling 01953 881493.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters