Watton stop for country music singer
An American country music singer whose career has so far lasted 40 years will visit Watton on a tour of the UK this spring.
Gene Watson, who released his latest album A Taste of the Truth in 2009, will perform at Queen's Hall on Saturday April 17.
Now 65, the country star began singing as a child in churches in Palestine, Texas, where he was brought up.
He has since been signed to a number of record labels including Capitol, which he recorded with until 1980, Epic Records, MCA and RMG records.
In total Watson has clocked up 70 hits including Love In The Hot Afternoon, Any Which Way, from the Clint Eastwood film Any Which Way You Can, and Fourteen Carat Mind.
Ahead of his UK tour, which begins in York on April 16, he said: 'There's a tremendous number of people around the world who continue to come out to hear some fiddle and steel and songs about heartbreak and real life. Those folks are there to support real country music and make it possible for singers like me to continue to sing it.'
Tickets for Gene Watson's show at Queen's Hall, Norwich Road, Watton, are available by calling 01953 881493.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals