Society's plea for old photos
Do you have memories or photographs of Swaffham or surrounding villages? Most people have photographs tucked away, sometimes in albums, sometimes in shoe boxes and Swaffham History Group is keen to preserve these memories by adding them to the website www.
Do you have memories or photographs of Swaffham or surrounding villages?
Most people have photographs tucked away, sometimes in albums, sometimes in shoe boxes and Swaffham History Group is keen to preserve these memories by adding them to the website www.remembernorfolk.org to make sure future generations can see a picture of what life was really like in the past and the present.
Everyone's memories are important. What shops did you visit when you were a child? How has your village changed over the years? Where did you go to school and who were your teachers? Everyday memories create a picture of what life was really like.
Swaffham History Group meets regularly at the Library on Thursdays from 2-4pm and the next meetings will be on the 15 January, 12 February and 12 March. It would like meet people with memories and/or photographs which can be scanned into the computer on the day
You may also want to watch:
The group would also like to interview people to include short sound and video clips on the website too.
The website is part of the ARCH Project (Archiving Rural Community History) a Heritage Lottery funded project led by Adult Education in collaboration with the Library and Museums Services.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
If you would like further information on the meetings or how to contribute to the website, please contact Elizabeth Radford on 01603 306595 or at email@example.com so you can be put in touch with members of the group.