RAF base to host farmers' market
A FARMER'S market is coming to RAF Marham, starting on October 17.The idea started with a community needs analysis several years ago in which local people said they wanted “somewhere to buy fresh, local produce”.
A FARMER'S market is coming to RAF Marham, starting on October 17.
The idea started with a community needs analysis several years ago in which local people said they wanted “somewhere to buy fresh, local produce”.
Community Support Squadron personnel set about about tracking down stalls and visited local markets, finally teaming up with Derrick Tooke of Dereham helped devise a list of stalls.
A small taste of the Farmers' Market was held at a recent Pride in Marham station event and feedback was very positive. More stalls have been since been added.
You may also want to watch:
RAF Marham aims to attract villagers from the surrounding community to the Farmers' Market which will run on the third Friday of the month from 9am - 2pm at the Sandringham Centre, RAF Marham.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive