RAF base to host farmers' market
A FARMER'S market is coming to RAF Marham, starting on October 17.The idea started with a community needs analysis several years ago in which local people said they wanted “somewhere to buy fresh, local produce”.
A FARMER'S market is coming to RAF Marham, starting on October 17.
The idea started with a community needs analysis several years ago in which local people said they wanted “somewhere to buy fresh, local produce”.
Community Support Squadron personnel set about about tracking down stalls and visited local markets, finally teaming up with Derrick Tooke of Dereham helped devise a list of stalls.
A small taste of the Farmers' Market was held at a recent Pride in Marham station event and feedback was very positive. More stalls have been since been added.
You may also want to watch:
RAF Marham aims to attract villagers from the surrounding community to the Farmers' Market which will run on the third Friday of the month from 9am - 2pm at the Sandringham Centre, RAF Marham.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling