Get running for nature reserve
A fenland nature reserve is inviting people to join staff and volunteers on a sponsored run to raise money for wildlife. The event on February 3 is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen.
A fenland nature reserve is inviting people to join staff and volunteers on a sponsored run to raise money for wildlife.
The event on February 3 is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen.
Starting at 11 am, staff and volunteers from across Eastern England will be running five kilometres (three miles) around the reserve and would like as many people as possible to join them. There will be a shorter, two-kilometre course for children and other people unable to complete the longer distance.
Kirsty Nutt, RSPB information officer at Lakenheath Fen, said: “This is a great opportunity to visit a nature reserve in a completely different way. You can run, jog, speed walk or even stroll with your binoculars, then return to the visitor centre for well-earned refreshments. Whatever your level of ability or enthusiasm, if you can get sponsored you can get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to raise money for the charity as part of the RSPB's new 'Get fit for wildlife' initiative.
Roxanne Yahaya, RSPB Community Fundraising Officer said: “You can be sponsored for virtually anything; to give up chocolate for a month, hold a football tournament, row the distance across the channel at your local gym or organise an event like ours. It's a great way to do something good for yourself while helping conserve wildlife.”
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
·For more information about the event at Lakenheath Fen or a sponsorship form contact Kirsty Nutt on 01842 863400.