Get running for nature reserve
A fenland nature reserve is inviting people to join staff and volunteers on a sponsored run to raise money for wildlife. The event on February 3 is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen.
A fenland nature reserve is inviting people to join staff and volunteers on a sponsored run to raise money for wildlife.
The event on February 3 is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen.
Starting at 11 am, staff and volunteers from across Eastern England will be running five kilometres (three miles) around the reserve and would like as many people as possible to join them. There will be a shorter, two-kilometre course for children and other people unable to complete the longer distance.
Kirsty Nutt, RSPB information officer at Lakenheath Fen, said: “This is a great opportunity to visit a nature reserve in a completely different way. You can run, jog, speed walk or even stroll with your binoculars, then return to the visitor centre for well-earned refreshments. Whatever your level of ability or enthusiasm, if you can get sponsored you can get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to raise money for the charity as part of the RSPB's new 'Get fit for wildlife' initiative.
Roxanne Yahaya, RSPB Community Fundraising Officer said: “You can be sponsored for virtually anything; to give up chocolate for a month, hold a football tournament, row the distance across the channel at your local gym or organise an event like ours. It's a great way to do something good for yourself while helping conserve wildlife.”
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
·For more information about the event at Lakenheath Fen or a sponsorship form contact Kirsty Nutt on 01842 863400.