Charity gin launched by Norfolk distillery for Hospitality Action Day
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
An award-winning distillery is launching a new gin to raise money for Hospitality Action (HA).
Wild Knight Distillery was founded by husband and wife team Matt and Steph Brown, and is known predominantly for its spirits English Vodka, Nelson's Gold, and Boudicea Gin, each with connections to the region.
HA has been operating since 1837, hence the gins name, and helps those in the hospitality industry in difficulty and crisis.
The 1837 gin was developed with Norfolk chef and HA ambassador, Charlie Hodson, who suggested the collaboration.
The gin will be distilled with citrus, thyme and nettle for a distinctive, aromatic flavour.
You may also want to watch:
Special branding has been created for the gin, which is set to be produced in the distillery’s distinguishing signature pewter.
Mark Lewis, Chief Executive of Hospitality Action commented, “This is an unsettling time for everyone who works in our favourite pubs, cafes, hotels and restaurants."
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 3 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 4 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 5 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 6 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 7 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 10 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
Matt Brown, Wild Knight’s distiller, commented, “We are delighted to be able to do something for HA, whose support has been vital for the on-trade throughout the pandemic."
The gin will be launched on September 18th, National Hospitality Day.
The EDP and its sister titles are backing National Hospitality Day, an effort to get members of the public to support our local hospitality businesses.