Swaffham to host Dad’s Army Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Captain Mainwaring and his platoon will be heading for Swaffham this Saturday.
The town will be hosting a Dad's Army Day and will be joined by reenactors from Thetford's Dad's Army Museum.
Lance Corporal Jones will be bringing along his van and rumour has it Mr Churchill will be there as well.
The event will be held between 11am and 3pm and Swaffham Market will have a 1940s flavour to it.
The Thursford organ will be playing some war-time tunes accompanied by singers and there will be cars from the decade too.
You may also want to watch:
The Red Lion organised the platoon visit and will be hosting them, but are hoping other businesses and market traders will get involved by dressing up.
A children's fun fair and military display are among some of the other activities.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
The road on the west side of the market will be closed from the Buttercross roundabout to the Swaffham Café from 8am until 4pm.