Swaffham to host Dad’s Army Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Captain Mainwaring and his platoon will be heading for Swaffham this Saturday.
The town will be hosting a Dad's Army Day and will be joined by reenactors from Thetford's Dad's Army Museum.
Lance Corporal Jones will be bringing along his van and rumour has it Mr Churchill will be there as well.
The event will be held between 11am and 3pm and Swaffham Market will have a 1940s flavour to it.
The Thursford organ will be playing some war-time tunes accompanied by singers and there will be cars from the decade too.
You may also want to watch:
The Red Lion organised the platoon visit and will be hosting them, but are hoping other businesses and market traders will get involved by dressing up.
A children's fun fair and military display are among some of the other activities.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
The road on the west side of the market will be closed from the Buttercross roundabout to the Swaffham Café from 8am until 4pm.