Swaffham to host Dad’s Army Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Captain Mainwaring and his platoon will be heading for Swaffham this Saturday.
The town will be hosting a Dad's Army Day and will be joined by reenactors from Thetford's Dad's Army Museum.
Lance Corporal Jones will be bringing along his van and rumour has it Mr Churchill will be there as well.
The event will be held between 11am and 3pm and Swaffham Market will have a 1940s flavour to it.
The Thursford organ will be playing some war-time tunes accompanied by singers and there will be cars from the decade too.
You may also want to watch:
The Red Lion organised the platoon visit and will be hosting them, but are hoping other businesses and market traders will get involved by dressing up.
A children's fun fair and military display are among some of the other activities.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
The road on the west side of the market will be closed from the Buttercross roundabout to the Swaffham Café from 8am until 4pm.