Charity stages forest service
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.
The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.30pm on Monday and gives local people the opportunity to remember lost loved ones by dedicating a light to them under a Christmas tree.
Charles Amoah, chaplain for the hospice, said a number of Light Up a Life services were taking place across west Suffolk this year.
“Christmas and the turn of the year can be particularly emotional times for those who have lost loved ones. Light Up a Life is a very simple way to help celebrate the values and virtues of those we have lost. It can help to keep the memories of our loved ones alive,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Alison Ring at St Nicholas Hospice Care on 01284 715573.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland