Charity stages forest service
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.
The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.30pm on Monday and gives local people the opportunity to remember lost loved ones by dedicating a light to them under a Christmas tree.
Charles Amoah, chaplain for the hospice, said a number of Light Up a Life services were taking place across west Suffolk this year.
“Christmas and the turn of the year can be particularly emotional times for those who have lost loved ones. Light Up a Life is a very simple way to help celebrate the values and virtues of those we have lost. It can help to keep the memories of our loved ones alive,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Alison Ring at St Nicholas Hospice Care on 01284 715573.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral