Charity stages forest service
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.
A Suffolk charity will stage its annual Light Up a Life service in Thetford Forest next week.
The St Nicholas Hospice Care event at High Lodge, near Thetford, is at 6.30pm on Monday and gives local people the opportunity to remember lost loved ones by dedicating a light to them under a Christmas tree.
Charles Amoah, chaplain for the hospice, said a number of Light Up a Life services were taking place across west Suffolk this year.
“Christmas and the turn of the year can be particularly emotional times for those who have lost loved ones. Light Up a Life is a very simple way to help celebrate the values and virtues of those we have lost. It can help to keep the memories of our loved ones alive,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Alison Ring at St Nicholas Hospice Care on 01284 715573.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk