Chance to see museum by torchlight
A rare chance to explore Swaffham museum by torch light is on offer this Friday. Promising a behind the scenes tour and a chance to delve into the depths of the museum's store rooms, for one night only the museum will be open between 8pm and 10pm.
A rare chance to explore Swaffham museum by torch light is on offer this Friday.
Promising a behind the scenes tour and a chance to delve into the depths of the museum's store rooms, for one night only the museum will be open between 8pm and 10pm.
The event is part of a European wide drive to encourage more people to step foot in their local museum and see the institutions 'in a different light'.
In the UK it has been organised by Culture 24 and funded by the Museums, Library and Archive Service together with the National Museum Directors Conference.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the torchlight tour various historical characters will be on hand to tell families stories about their time in Swaffham and it is hoped the late opening will provide an opportunity for more people to see the Egyptian relics currently on loan from the British Museum.
Everyone is welcome and a glass of wine, soft drinks and snacks will be included in the admission price.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
For information on Swaffham Museum go to www.swaffhammuseum.co.uk
For more information on the museums at night initiative go to www.culture24.org.uk