Chance to see museum by torchlight
A rare chance to explore Swaffham museum by torch light is on offer this Friday. Promising a behind the scenes tour and a chance to delve into the depths of the museum's store rooms, for one night only the museum will be open between 8pm and 10pm.
A rare chance to explore Swaffham museum by torch light is on offer this Friday.
Promising a behind the scenes tour and a chance to delve into the depths of the museum's store rooms, for one night only the museum will be open between 8pm and 10pm.
The event is part of a European wide drive to encourage more people to step foot in their local museum and see the institutions 'in a different light'.
In the UK it has been organised by Culture 24 and funded by the Museums, Library and Archive Service together with the National Museum Directors Conference.
As well as the torchlight tour various historical characters will be on hand to tell families stories about their time in Swaffham and it is hoped the late opening will provide an opportunity for more people to see the Egyptian relics currently on loan from the British Museum.
Everyone is welcome and a glass of wine, soft drinks and snacks will be included in the admission price.
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 8 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
For information on Swaffham Museum go to www.swaffhammuseum.co.uk
For more information on the museums at night initiative go to www.culture24.org.uk