Youngsters make the grade
Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu held its infant and junior gradings at the Westfield Infant School and Watton Junior School. The after-school clubs have been a huge success since they were introduced more than three years ago.
Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu held its infant and junior gradings at the Westfield Infant School and Watton Junior School.
The after-school clubs have been a huge success since they were introduced more than three years ago.
All of the students worked extremely hard throughout their gradings and showed true determination.
The following week there was a presentation evening where the students received their next belt and certificate in front of their proud parents.
It is always a privilege to see the smile on a student's face when their name is called out for them to step forward to be presented with their next belt.
This year's summer camps will be held from Monday, August 2, to Friday, August 6, due to its overwhelming success last year. There are even more events lined up for the students to enjoy throughout the week. This is a great chance for the students to do ju-jitsu during the school holidays with their friends and have lots of fun and exercise.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR
Renshi Trevor Steward said: 'Ishin Ryu has a lot more to offer than punching and kicking. We believe in building a student's confidence, teaching them the correct ways of self defence.
'Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu is a traditional martial art, and unlike many martial arts it still holds and believes in its martial military background.
'Many martial arts have gone down the line of turning it into a sport, and done away with all of the traditions.
'We are proud to say that we carry on the ways of the samurai and how true martial arts should be taught with respect, discipline, plenty of hard work, and having lots of fun.'
Enrol your child during 2010 to receive two free lessons and a discount on membership.
Training day/times are Westfield Infant School Fridays 3.30pm - 4.30pm; Watton Junior School Wednesday 3.30pm - 4.30pm.
For more details contact headquarters on 01953 483795 or Renshi Trevor on 07775863398. You can also visit the award-winning website: www.ishinryu.com