Youngsters make the grade
Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu held its infant and junior gradings at the Westfield Infant School and Watton Junior School. The after-school clubs have been a huge success since they were introduced more than three years ago.
Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu held its infant and junior gradings at the Westfield Infant School and Watton Junior School.
The after-school clubs have been a huge success since they were introduced more than three years ago.
All of the students worked extremely hard throughout their gradings and showed true determination.
The following week there was a presentation evening where the students received their next belt and certificate in front of their proud parents.
You may also want to watch:
It is always a privilege to see the smile on a student's face when their name is called out for them to step forward to be presented with their next belt.
This year's summer camps will be held from Monday, August 2, to Friday, August 6, due to its overwhelming success last year. There are even more events lined up for the students to enjoy throughout the week. This is a great chance for the students to do ju-jitsu during the school holidays with their friends and have lots of fun and exercise.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
Renshi Trevor Steward said: 'Ishin Ryu has a lot more to offer than punching and kicking. We believe in building a student's confidence, teaching them the correct ways of self defence.
'Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu is a traditional martial art, and unlike many martial arts it still holds and believes in its martial military background.
'Many martial arts have gone down the line of turning it into a sport, and done away with all of the traditions.
'We are proud to say that we carry on the ways of the samurai and how true martial arts should be taught with respect, discipline, plenty of hard work, and having lots of fun.'
Enrol your child during 2010 to receive two free lessons and a discount on membership.
Training day/times are Westfield Infant School Fridays 3.30pm - 4.30pm; Watton Junior School Wednesday 3.30pm - 4.30pm.
For more details contact headquarters on 01953 483795 or Renshi Trevor on 07775863398. You can also visit the award-winning website: www.ishinryu.com