Woodbridge Town 0 Swaffham Town 3
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town swept to an impressive victory over Woodbridge Town to move up to second place in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
The Pedlars got off to a great start in the 11th minute when Matthew Castellan rose unchallenged to head home and the visitors doubled their lead early in the second period through Alex Vincent.
The Woodpeckers dug deep in the second half though and Swaffham only put the seal on victory three minutes from time through Joe Jackson's classy finish. Swaffham are without a game this Saturday and their next fixture is against Wroxham at home in the Norfolk Senior Cup next Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm.
They then have a massive home tie against top-of-the-table Saffron Walden Town the following Saturday.
Back at a foggy Shoemakers Lane, the Reserves came back from being 2-0 down to beat Hemsby 4-3. The goals came from Isaac Linford, Alex Havers, Stephen Aspery and Jamie Buhlemann. Next Saturday they travel to Blofield United Reserves.
The Under 18s played out a high scoring game last Thursday as they lost 5-3 to Newmarket Town.
Swaffham Town Football Club have launched a '100 Club' to raise funds for the club.
- 1 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 2 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 5 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
Anyone interested in joining, please contact Paul Annakin (01760 724884). November winners were Mark Lanchbury (£75) and Keith Blowers (£25).