Woodbridge Town 0 Swaffham Town 3
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town swept to an impressive victory over Woodbridge Town to move up to second place in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
The Pedlars got off to a great start in the 11th minute when Matthew Castellan rose unchallenged to head home and the visitors doubled their lead early in the second period through Alex Vincent.
The Woodpeckers dug deep in the second half though and Swaffham only put the seal on victory three minutes from time through Joe Jackson's classy finish. Swaffham are without a game this Saturday and their next fixture is against Wroxham at home in the Norfolk Senior Cup next Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm.
They then have a massive home tie against top-of-the-table Saffron Walden Town the following Saturday.
Back at a foggy Shoemakers Lane, the Reserves came back from being 2-0 down to beat Hemsby 4-3. The goals came from Isaac Linford, Alex Havers, Stephen Aspery and Jamie Buhlemann. Next Saturday they travel to Blofield United Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 18s played out a high scoring game last Thursday as they lost 5-3 to Newmarket Town.
Swaffham Town Football Club have launched a '100 Club' to raise funds for the club.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
Anyone interested in joining, please contact Paul Annakin (01760 724884). November winners were Mark Lanchbury (£75) and Keith Blowers (£25).