Winning start in new home
The Thetford teams had a better result this week in the Norfolk Darts Super League, playing from their new home venue - The Ex-Service Club.The men beat Fakenham 7-2, with a man-of-the-match performance by Phil Carter on his birthday.
The Thetford teams had a better result this week in the Norfolk Darts Super League, playing from their new home venue - The Ex-Service Club.
The men beat Fakenham 7-2, with a man-of-the-match performance by Phil Carter on his birthday. There were maximum 180s for Mark Flawn and Craig Norton.
The ladies lost 3-1 but all the games could have gone either way. Sharon Gould was the lady of the match.
Will Stanmore won the youth game 2-0. Will is yet to lose a leg for Thetford.
The Thetford squad would like to thank the Ex-Service Club staff and committee for stepping in when the old venue closed which allowed the team to continue.
Averages - Men: Dan Mock 3-1 (20.31), Gary King 1-3 (22.78), Paul Goldsmith 3-1 (19.63), Terry Stanmore 3-1 (20.71), Phil Carter 3-0 (21.78), Mark Flawn 1-3 (22.17), Craig Norton 3-0 (19.52). Ladies: Sharon Gould 3-1 (12.21), Rosemarie King 1-3 (13.75), Nikky Watson 1-3 (10.38), Carina Allsop 1-3 (13.49).
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days
Youth: Dan Mock 2-0 (16.16).