Winning start in new home
The Thetford teams had a better result this week in the Norfolk Darts Super League, playing from their new home venue - The Ex-Service Club.The men beat Fakenham 7-2, with a man-of-the-match performance by Phil Carter on his birthday.
The Thetford teams had a better result this week in the Norfolk Darts Super League, playing from their new home venue - The Ex-Service Club.
The men beat Fakenham 7-2, with a man-of-the-match performance by Phil Carter on his birthday. There were maximum 180s for Mark Flawn and Craig Norton.
The ladies lost 3-1 but all the games could have gone either way. Sharon Gould was the lady of the match.
Will Stanmore won the youth game 2-0. Will is yet to lose a leg for Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The Thetford squad would like to thank the Ex-Service Club staff and committee for stepping in when the old venue closed which allowed the team to continue.
Averages - Men: Dan Mock 3-1 (20.31), Gary King 1-3 (22.78), Paul Goldsmith 3-1 (19.63), Terry Stanmore 3-1 (20.71), Phil Carter 3-0 (21.78), Mark Flawn 1-3 (22.17), Craig Norton 3-0 (19.52). Ladies: Sharon Gould 3-1 (12.21), Rosemarie King 1-3 (13.75), Nikky Watson 1-3 (10.38), Carina Allsop 1-3 (13.49).
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
Youth: Dan Mock 2-0 (16.16).