Winning feeling for Watton
Watton'S teams both won this week on the court.The first team made the trip to Division One A opponents Barnham Broom II with Vince Somers getting them off to a good start.
Watton'S teams both won this week on the court.
The first team made the trip to Division One A opponents Barnham Broom II with Vince Somers getting them off to a good start. Despite dropping a game Vince came through 3-1. Ian Thompson and Steve Rudd both followed this up with comfortable 3-0 straight game wins.
First-string Jonathan Pearson went on court knowing the match was already won but knuckled down in a very competitive match before finally coming through in the fifth game to win 3-2.
Overall, a 16-3 victory.
Watton II travelled to Division One B opponents Broadland. Chris Haythorpe looked in complete control taking the first two games 9-4, 9-4. His opponent then fought back and the third went to the wire with Chris nicking it 10-9 to win 3-0.
Kevin Blake took the first 9-5 and then a close second 10-8. Kev lost the third 9-6 and nearly let it slip but just managed to steal the fourth 9-8, to come through 3-1.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Banham Poultry deaths: Police investigate possible manslaughter
- 8 Former convent sold for £400,000 and could be converted into family home
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 A47 works to continue with further road closures
Bobby Hunt was on the receiving end this week going down 9-7, 9-6, 9-6 in straight games. First-string Neil Cross was always in control winning 9-3, 9-5, 9-2, also in straight games, to seal a 13-4 Watton victory.