Winning feeling for Watton
Watton'S teams both won this week on the court.The first team made the trip to Division One A opponents Barnham Broom II with Vince Somers getting them off to a good start.
Watton'S teams both won this week on the court.
The first team made the trip to Division One A opponents Barnham Broom II with Vince Somers getting them off to a good start. Despite dropping a game Vince came through 3-1. Ian Thompson and Steve Rudd both followed this up with comfortable 3-0 straight game wins.
First-string Jonathan Pearson went on court knowing the match was already won but knuckled down in a very competitive match before finally coming through in the fifth game to win 3-2.
Overall, a 16-3 victory.
Watton II travelled to Division One B opponents Broadland. Chris Haythorpe looked in complete control taking the first two games 9-4, 9-4. His opponent then fought back and the third went to the wire with Chris nicking it 10-9 to win 3-0.
Kevin Blake took the first 9-5 and then a close second 10-8. Kev lost the third 9-6 and nearly let it slip but just managed to steal the fourth 9-8, to come through 3-1.
- 1 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 2 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Bobby Hunt was on the receiving end this week going down 9-7, 9-6, 9-6 in straight games. First-string Neil Cross was always in control winning 9-3, 9-5, 9-2, also in straight games, to seal a 13-4 Watton victory.