West Acre billiards derby
West Acre C defeated club-mates West Acre B 3-0 to move two points clear of Acre D at the top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League.Convincing wins for James Eyre and Ryan Jackson secured the win.
West Acre C defeated club-mates West Acre B 3-0 to move two points clear of Acre D at the top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League.
Convincing wins for James Eyre and Ryan Jackson secured the win.
West Acre A and Swaffham played out the season's third draw, in a high-quality match at West Acre.
Benn Elliott once again scored well, not matching the previous week's excellent 35 break, but still playing good billiards, while home captain Bruce Welham knocked in the season's highest 30-minute score of 195.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn Maltings earlier had defeated Acre D 2-1 at West Acre Club.
Damian Evans played very well to record a good total of 85 and a nice break of 21 to defeat Paul Keaney, while Matt Duncalf did very well to record a new personal best score of 105 in his win over Jake Loane.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 3 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
Jack Easter's win gained the home side's sole point.
Gaywood won 2-1 at Narborough to move into fifth place, while their opponents are fourth.
Once all the games cancelled due to last month's snow are replayed, the league will start to become closer and the destination of this year's League Championship will become a little clearer.
Results: Acre A 1.5-1.5 Swaffham; Narborough 1-2 Gaywood; Acre D 1-2 Lynn Maltings; Acre B 0-3 Acre C.
Meanwhile, in the Swaffham Veterans' Billiards League, Thetford cemented their top spot further with a convincing 3-0 win over Swaffham Cons A, played at the Conservative Club, Swaffham.
Wins for Norman Arthur and Mike Robinson gained the win, Swaffham player Phillip Welham's breaks of 61 and 121 not being enough to defeat Robinson, who played his usual 'cagey' game.
Results: Swaffham A 2-1 Swaffham B; Swaffham B 1-2 Thetford; Swaffham A 0-3 Thetford.