West Acre billiards derby
West Acre C defeated club-mates West Acre B 3-0 to move two points clear of Acre D at the top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League.Convincing wins for James Eyre and Ryan Jackson secured the win.
West Acre C defeated club-mates West Acre B 3-0 to move two points clear of Acre D at the top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League.
Convincing wins for James Eyre and Ryan Jackson secured the win.
West Acre A and Swaffham played out the season's third draw, in a high-quality match at West Acre.
Benn Elliott once again scored well, not matching the previous week's excellent 35 break, but still playing good billiards, while home captain Bruce Welham knocked in the season's highest 30-minute score of 195.
Lynn Maltings earlier had defeated Acre D 2-1 at West Acre Club.
Damian Evans played very well to record a good total of 85 and a nice break of 21 to defeat Paul Keaney, while Matt Duncalf did very well to record a new personal best score of 105 in his win over Jake Loane.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Wind farm decision due in days
- 8 Confusion at lack of walk-in Covid-19 booster jab centres in Norfolk
- 9 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 10 A47 works to continue with further road closures
Jack Easter's win gained the home side's sole point.
Gaywood won 2-1 at Narborough to move into fifth place, while their opponents are fourth.
Once all the games cancelled due to last month's snow are replayed, the league will start to become closer and the destination of this year's League Championship will become a little clearer.
Results: Acre A 1.5-1.5 Swaffham; Narborough 1-2 Gaywood; Acre D 1-2 Lynn Maltings; Acre B 0-3 Acre C.
Meanwhile, in the Swaffham Veterans' Billiards League, Thetford cemented their top spot further with a convincing 3-0 win over Swaffham Cons A, played at the Conservative Club, Swaffham.
Wins for Norman Arthur and Mike Robinson gained the win, Swaffham player Phillip Welham's breaks of 61 and 121 not being enough to defeat Robinson, who played his usual 'cagey' game.
Results: Swaffham A 2-1 Swaffham B; Swaffham B 1-2 Thetford; Swaffham A 0-3 Thetford.