Watton United 8 Sprowston Athletic Reserves 0
- Credit: Archant
Watton United gave a spectacular performance, displaying their best form of the season with an 8-0 victory over Sprowston Athletic Reserves in Division Four of the Anglian Combination.
Watton started their goal offensive after only 13 minutes when defender Eusabio Huckle exquisitely passed a long ball to skipper Xavier Huckle who rounded the visiting keeper with ease.
Watton's fluent passing and prevalent possession was rewarded in the 30th minute after left winger Sam Childerhouse delivered the ball across the visitors' box for Kevin Bloomfield to score his first goal of the game.
Four minutes later Bloomfield scored his second goal of the match to give Watton a 3-0 advantage at half-time.
The start of the second half saw Watton composed and determined, putting the visitors under immense pressure from the kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Xavier Huckle rewarded his team by scoring an impressive three goals in the first eight minutes, giving Watton a well deserved 6-0 lead.
In the 72nd minute Huckle easily skipped past the visiting defenders and, in an admirable show of team spirit, squared the ball across to fellow team-mate Bloomfield for him to score his hat-trick.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
Huckle concluded his man of the match performance when he scored his fifth and final goal of the match only three minutes later, splitting the Sprowston defence and firing home.