Watton United 8 Sprowston Athletic Reserves 0
- Credit: Archant
Watton United gave a spectacular performance, displaying their best form of the season with an 8-0 victory over Sprowston Athletic Reserves in Division Four of the Anglian Combination.
Watton started their goal offensive after only 13 minutes when defender Eusabio Huckle exquisitely passed a long ball to skipper Xavier Huckle who rounded the visiting keeper with ease.
Watton's fluent passing and prevalent possession was rewarded in the 30th minute after left winger Sam Childerhouse delivered the ball across the visitors' box for Kevin Bloomfield to score his first goal of the game.
Four minutes later Bloomfield scored his second goal of the match to give Watton a 3-0 advantage at half-time.
The start of the second half saw Watton composed and determined, putting the visitors under immense pressure from the kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Xavier Huckle rewarded his team by scoring an impressive three goals in the first eight minutes, giving Watton a well deserved 6-0 lead.
In the 72nd minute Huckle easily skipped past the visiting defenders and, in an admirable show of team spirit, squared the ball across to fellow team-mate Bloomfield for him to score his hat-trick.
- 1 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 9 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
Huckle concluded his man of the match performance when he scored his fifth and final goal of the match only three minutes later, splitting the Sprowston defence and firing home.