Watton United 8 Sprowston Athletic Reserves 0
- Credit: Archant
Watton United gave a spectacular performance, displaying their best form of the season with an 8-0 victory over Sprowston Athletic Reserves in Division Four of the Anglian Combination.
Watton started their goal offensive after only 13 minutes when defender Eusabio Huckle exquisitely passed a long ball to skipper Xavier Huckle who rounded the visiting keeper with ease.
Watton's fluent passing and prevalent possession was rewarded in the 30th minute after left winger Sam Childerhouse delivered the ball across the visitors' box for Kevin Bloomfield to score his first goal of the game.
Four minutes later Bloomfield scored his second goal of the match to give Watton a 3-0 advantage at half-time.
The start of the second half saw Watton composed and determined, putting the visitors under immense pressure from the kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Xavier Huckle rewarded his team by scoring an impressive three goals in the first eight minutes, giving Watton a well deserved 6-0 lead.
In the 72nd minute Huckle easily skipped past the visiting defenders and, in an admirable show of team spirit, squared the ball across to fellow team-mate Bloomfield for him to score his hat-trick.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Huckle concluded his man of the match performance when he scored his fifth and final goal of the match only three minutes later, splitting the Sprowston defence and firing home.