Watton United 6 Wells Town Reserves 0 – Hares leap into CS Morley Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Submitted
Watton United secured an emphatic 6-0 victory over Wells Town Reserves in the quarter-finals of the CS Morley Cup on Saturday.
After some good early resistance from the Anglian Combination Division Six visitors, Kevin Bloomfield capitalised on some disorganised defending to put the Division Four side, and holders of the cup, 1-0 ahead.
More misery was soon heaped on the visitors when prolific frontman Xavier Huckle fired left-footed past the Wells keeper to add to his season's huge goal count.
The Hares were able to extend their lead before half-time when Bloomfield headed home his second for 3-0.
Ben Childerhouse worked tirelessly in the Watton midfield, producing an exquisite pass to Bloomfield who then selflessly assisted Huckle to tap in for Watton's fourth after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle headed home for his hat-trick after a good cross from Webster for his 32nd goal of the campaign and Bloomfield also headed to score a hat-trick giving Watton a convincing 6-0 victory.
Watton resume their Division Four title challenge when they entertain Long Stratton Reserves on Saturday, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van