Watton United 6 Wells Town Reserves 0 – Hares leap into CS Morley Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Submitted
Watton United secured an emphatic 6-0 victory over Wells Town Reserves in the quarter-finals of the CS Morley Cup on Saturday.
After some good early resistance from the Anglian Combination Division Six visitors, Kevin Bloomfield capitalised on some disorganised defending to put the Division Four side, and holders of the cup, 1-0 ahead.
More misery was soon heaped on the visitors when prolific frontman Xavier Huckle fired left-footed past the Wells keeper to add to his season's huge goal count.
The Hares were able to extend their lead before half-time when Bloomfield headed home his second for 3-0.
Ben Childerhouse worked tirelessly in the Watton midfield, producing an exquisite pass to Bloomfield who then selflessly assisted Huckle to tap in for Watton's fourth after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle headed home for his hat-trick after a good cross from Webster for his 32nd goal of the campaign and Bloomfield also headed to score a hat-trick giving Watton a convincing 6-0 victory.
Watton resume their Division Four title challenge when they entertain Long Stratton Reserves on Saturday, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent