Watton United 6 Wells Town Reserves 0 – Hares leap into CS Morley Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Submitted
Watton United secured an emphatic 6-0 victory over Wells Town Reserves in the quarter-finals of the CS Morley Cup on Saturday.
After some good early resistance from the Anglian Combination Division Six visitors, Kevin Bloomfield capitalised on some disorganised defending to put the Division Four side, and holders of the cup, 1-0 ahead.
More misery was soon heaped on the visitors when prolific frontman Xavier Huckle fired left-footed past the Wells keeper to add to his season's huge goal count.
The Hares were able to extend their lead before half-time when Bloomfield headed home his second for 3-0.
Ben Childerhouse worked tirelessly in the Watton midfield, producing an exquisite pass to Bloomfield who then selflessly assisted Huckle to tap in for Watton's fourth after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle headed home for his hat-trick after a good cross from Webster for his 32nd goal of the campaign and Bloomfield also headed to score a hat-trick giving Watton a convincing 6-0 victory.
Watton resume their Division Four title challenge when they entertain Long Stratton Reserves on Saturday, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation