Watton United 6 Wells Town Reserves 0 – Hares leap into CS Morley Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Submitted
Watton United secured an emphatic 6-0 victory over Wells Town Reserves in the quarter-finals of the CS Morley Cup on Saturday.
After some good early resistance from the Anglian Combination Division Six visitors, Kevin Bloomfield capitalised on some disorganised defending to put the Division Four side, and holders of the cup, 1-0 ahead.
More misery was soon heaped on the visitors when prolific frontman Xavier Huckle fired left-footed past the Wells keeper to add to his season's huge goal count.
The Hares were able to extend their lead before half-time when Bloomfield headed home his second for 3-0.
Ben Childerhouse worked tirelessly in the Watton midfield, producing an exquisite pass to Bloomfield who then selflessly assisted Huckle to tap in for Watton's fourth after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle headed home for his hat-trick after a good cross from Webster for his 32nd goal of the campaign and Bloomfield also headed to score a hat-trick giving Watton a convincing 6-0 victory.
Watton resume their Division Four title challenge when they entertain Long Stratton Reserves on Saturday, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling