Big names from the world of football and darts are heading to Watton
- Credit: PA
Two big sporting evenings are being staged at Watton Sports and Social Club in the spring, with big names from the world of football and darts heading to the town.
The club and its playing field were given to the people of Watton in the 1960s and the venue has slowly grown to the facility it is today, home to many local adult and youth sports teams. including over 10 football teams, hockey, tennis, table tennis, squash, darts and netball.
Over the years a slow decline in members and users has led to financial strain but in January 2018 the club formed a new committee brimming with fresh ideas and, along with invaluable help from volunteers, it has improved and updated facilities both inside and out.
As part of the revival, Watton Sports Association and Social Club are hosting two nights of entertainment with special guests from the world of professional football and darts.
On Friday, March 22 Sir Trevor Brooking, Alvin Martin, Phil Parkes and Geoff Pike, four West Ham United heroes from the 1980 FA Cup triumph over Arsenal, will be taking centre stage.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will consist of an interview with the players, who will reflect on their careers and share stories from the dressing room, while there will also be a Q&A and a charity auction of memorabilia. VIP tickets are available for the event offering the chance to meet the special guests for a photo opportunity and the option to have two personal items signed by each guest. The VIP ticket also entitles the purchaser to a seat at a front row table.
Standard tickets are £29 and VIP tickets are £51.50.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
On Friday, April 19 the club will welcome darts legends Bob Anderson and Bobby George. The evening will consist of tales from the ex-professionals' playing days, an exhibition match between the two and a Q&A. VIP tickets will also be available for this event, offering the chance to meet the guests for photo opportunities and signings.
Standard tickets are £22.50 and VIP tickets are £40, which includes stage side seating as well as a complimentary jug of beer per table.
For further information or to order tickets, phone 01953 881281 or speak to a member of reception at the centre at Watton Sports Association & Social Club, Dereham Road, Watton IP25 6EZ.