Watton season gets under way
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA. Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.
The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA.
Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
The EBA leagues commence on Wednesday. Unfortunately in league Central Two both Ashill B and Bradenham have withdrawn due to insufficient players being available.
Watton's first match will now be on May 13 away to Wymondham C. Then on the following evening, the team is away to Wortwell in the Bales Cup.
The ADL league starts on Tuesday, May 12. The A team has a bye, whilst both B and C teams are at home to Weeting and Wicklewood respectively.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 6 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k
In the BLL the ladies first match is away to Mundford on Monday, May 11.
Starting this Friday the club will be open once again to beginners of all ages to try their hand at bowling.
This proved successful last season, with some of the new players becoming members of the club. So come along at 6pm for a warm welcome.
Then on Saturday there is the annual match between the captain's and the vice-captain's teams.
For further information please contact John Hunter, club captain, 01953 882419.