Watton season gets under way
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA. Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.
The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA.
Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
The EBA leagues commence on Wednesday. Unfortunately in league Central Two both Ashill B and Bradenham have withdrawn due to insufficient players being available.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's first match will now be on May 13 away to Wymondham C. Then on the following evening, the team is away to Wortwell in the Bales Cup.
The ADL league starts on Tuesday, May 12. The A team has a bye, whilst both B and C teams are at home to Weeting and Wicklewood respectively.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
In the BLL the ladies first match is away to Mundford on Monday, May 11.
Starting this Friday the club will be open once again to beginners of all ages to try their hand at bowling.
This proved successful last season, with some of the new players becoming members of the club. So come along at 6pm for a warm welcome.
Then on Saturday there is the annual match between the captain's and the vice-captain's teams.
For further information please contact John Hunter, club captain, 01953 882419.