Watton season gets under way
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA. Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.
The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA.
Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
The EBA leagues commence on Wednesday. Unfortunately in league Central Two both Ashill B and Bradenham have withdrawn due to insufficient players being available.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's first match will now be on May 13 away to Wymondham C. Then on the following evening, the team is away to Wortwell in the Bales Cup.
The ADL league starts on Tuesday, May 12. The A team has a bye, whilst both B and C teams are at home to Weeting and Wicklewood respectively.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
In the BLL the ladies first match is away to Mundford on Monday, May 11.
Starting this Friday the club will be open once again to beginners of all ages to try their hand at bowling.
This proved successful last season, with some of the new players becoming members of the club. So come along at 6pm for a warm welcome.
Then on Saturday there is the annual match between the captain's and the vice-captain's teams.
For further information please contact John Hunter, club captain, 01953 882419.