Watton season gets under way
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA. Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
At Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club the new season is now under way.
The first annual friendly match took place last Sunday against the Masonics BA.
Despite the cool wind, the match and the meal which followed was enjoyed by all 36 players and guests.
The EBA leagues commence on Wednesday. Unfortunately in league Central Two both Ashill B and Bradenham have withdrawn due to insufficient players being available.
You may also want to watch:
Watton's first match will now be on May 13 away to Wymondham C. Then on the following evening, the team is away to Wortwell in the Bales Cup.
The ADL league starts on Tuesday, May 12. The A team has a bye, whilst both B and C teams are at home to Weeting and Wicklewood respectively.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
In the BLL the ladies first match is away to Mundford on Monday, May 11.
Starting this Friday the club will be open once again to beginners of all ages to try their hand at bowling.
This proved successful last season, with some of the new players becoming members of the club. So come along at 6pm for a warm welcome.
Then on Saturday there is the annual match between the captain's and the vice-captain's teams.
For further information please contact John Hunter, club captain, 01953 882419.