Watton's tag rugby fun
WATTON Rugby Club U6 and U7s travelled to Dereham for the eagerly-awaited tag rugby matches. Both games were very competitive and played in the right spirit.
WATTON Rugby Club U6 and U7s travelled to Dereham for the eagerly-awaited tag rugby matches.
Both games were very competitive and played in the right spirit. The first game ended in 3-3 draw with Kalon Turley scoring all of the Watton tries.
The second game saw Watton take a 3-1 lead at half-time with tries from Blake Saunders, George Upton and Kalon Turley. Dereham bounced back in the second half with two breakaway tries to level the score and went ahead with a well worked try running the length of the pitch.
Watton fought hard and were rewarded when Kalon Turley broke clear and scored in the corner making the scores level again. With only seconds left on the clock Watton couldn't retain the ball and it was Dereham who scored just before the final whistle, making the final score 5-4.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody watching and playing thoroughly enjoyed themselves there were outstanding performances from James Softley and Kalon Turley.
The club caters for boys and girls from five years old upwards and are happy to welcome new beginners as well as the more experienced.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Coaching sessions take place at Watton Sports Centre between 6.30 and 7.30pm every Tuesday evening during the season.
Families are welcome to help in many ways from coaching to kitchen duty and Watton encourage parents to watch their children in a relaxing and friendly environment.
Currently Watton have nearly 200 youths signed up to the club. So come along join in the fun and games learning and improving your rugby skills.
For more information contact Rob Walker on 07901 552065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org