Watton rising to challenge of Division One football
- Credit: Archant
Watton made it back-to-back wins in Division One of the Anglian Combination on Saturday when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 2-0.
They followed up their 4-1 victory over Cromer with another well deserved home success after looking the stronger side throughout the match.
The first goal was scored by left back Kade Bond who found the net with an awesome left footed 25 yard strike.
Some fantastic passing play from M Allibone and an assist from T Bond then led to Sam Childerhouse slotting the ball home for the second goal.
It was also an excellent defensive display, J Beaumont making his debut. Indeed with the midfield working tirelessly throughout this was a superb performance from the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Looking strong and confident Watton look ready for the first round of the Mummery Cup this Saturday at home to Premier Division side Long Stratton.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans