Watton rising to challenge of Division One football
- Credit: Archant
Watton made it back-to-back wins in Division One of the Anglian Combination on Saturday when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 2-0.
They followed up their 4-1 victory over Cromer with another well deserved home success after looking the stronger side throughout the match.
The first goal was scored by left back Kade Bond who found the net with an awesome left footed 25 yard strike.
Some fantastic passing play from M Allibone and an assist from T Bond then led to Sam Childerhouse slotting the ball home for the second goal.
It was also an excellent defensive display, J Beaumont making his debut. Indeed with the midfield working tirelessly throughout this was a superb performance from the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Looking strong and confident Watton look ready for the first round of the Mummery Cup this Saturday at home to Premier Division side Long Stratton.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark