Watton rising to challenge of Division One football
- Credit: Archant
Watton made it back-to-back wins in Division One of the Anglian Combination on Saturday when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 2-0.
They followed up their 4-1 victory over Cromer with another well deserved home success after looking the stronger side throughout the match.
The first goal was scored by left back Kade Bond who found the net with an awesome left footed 25 yard strike.
Some fantastic passing play from M Allibone and an assist from T Bond then led to Sam Childerhouse slotting the ball home for the second goal.
It was also an excellent defensive display, J Beaumont making his debut. Indeed with the midfield working tirelessly throughout this was a superb performance from the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Looking strong and confident Watton look ready for the first round of the Mummery Cup this Saturday at home to Premier Division side Long Stratton.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region