Watton rising to challenge of Division One football
- Credit: Archant
Watton made it back-to-back wins in Division One of the Anglian Combination on Saturday when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 2-0.
They followed up their 4-1 victory over Cromer with another well deserved home success after looking the stronger side throughout the match.
The first goal was scored by left back Kade Bond who found the net with an awesome left footed 25 yard strike.
Some fantastic passing play from M Allibone and an assist from T Bond then led to Sam Childerhouse slotting the ball home for the second goal.
It was also an excellent defensive display, J Beaumont making his debut. Indeed with the midfield working tirelessly throughout this was a superb performance from the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Looking strong and confident Watton look ready for the first round of the Mummery Cup this Saturday at home to Premier Division side Long Stratton.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages