Watton rising to challenge of Division One football
- Credit: Archant
Watton made it back-to-back wins in Division One of the Anglian Combination on Saturday when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 2-0.
They followed up their 4-1 victory over Cromer with another well deserved home success after looking the stronger side throughout the match.
The first goal was scored by left back Kade Bond who found the net with an awesome left footed 25 yard strike.
Some fantastic passing play from M Allibone and an assist from T Bond then led to Sam Childerhouse slotting the ball home for the second goal.
It was also an excellent defensive display, J Beaumont making his debut. Indeed with the midfield working tirelessly throughout this was a superb performance from the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Looking strong and confident Watton look ready for the first round of the Mummery Cup this Saturday at home to Premier Division side Long Stratton.
- 1 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 2 Seven wonders of Watton
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 5 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 9 Care home helps Gill, 83, reignite passion for horses
- 10 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown