Watton play catch-up on court
Watton Squash Club, due to bad weather cancellations Watton have recently had to pack in their Division Two fixtures to play catch-up.Away at Barnham Broom III, Dev Mahatme won a five gamer 9-6, 9-3, 7-9, 3-9, 9-7.
Watton Squash Club, due to bad weather cancellations Watton have recently had to pack in their Division Two fixtures to play catch-up.
Away at Barnham Broom III, Dev Mahatme won a five gamer 9-6, 9-3, 7-9, 3-9, 9-7. Kevin Blake came through 10-8, 9-7, 6-9, 9-7, 3-1. Chris Haythorpe won 9-1, 9-6, 9-4 in straight games.
Newcomer Tim Perry 7-9, 5-9, 9-4, 9-4, 9-6 won in five games after fighting back from 2-0 down. Fellow debutant Martin Guppy won the first 10-8 but faded losing the next three 10-8, 9-6, 9-6 to go down 3-1.
Overall an 18-8 Watton victory.
You may also want to watch:
Away at Cromer both John Chandler 9-0, 9-0, 7-9, 9-0 and John Needham 9-3, 10-8, 2-9, 9-7 won 3-1. Kevin Blake took a close first 10-8 and a comfortable second 9-3 to go two up. His opponent levelled taking the next two 9-6, 9-3 to force a decider. Kevin just stole it 9-7 to come through 3-2. Both Tim Perry 9-4, 9-3, 9-3 and Martin Guppy 9-2, 9-2, 10-8 came through 3-0 in straight games to seal a 20-4 Watton victory. Next up another away trip to East Anglia.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent