Watton out of the danger zone
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.
With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
John Needham was quick off the mark taking the first two games 9-6, 9-0.
His experienced opponent then fought back taking the next two games 9-3, 9-2 to force a decider. Fortunately John responded well taking it 9-4 to come through 3-2.
Kevin Blake took the first 9-4. His opponent then made a fight of it with Kevin just nicking the second 10-8. The third was just as close with Kevin again coming out on top 10-8 to win 3-0 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe played well and took a close first 9-7. Chris took the next also 9-7 then cruised the third 9-2, to win in straight games.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 8 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 9 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 10 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-5 in an even contest. Bobby just lost out in the next two, both 9-7, before fighting back to take the fourth 9-5.
The decider was tight with Bobby just losing out 9-7 to go down 3-2. First string Paul Goodchild's bad run continued with a 2-9, 2-9, 1-9 straight game reverse.
Overall, however a 16-8 Watton victory.