Watton out of the danger zone
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.
With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
John Needham was quick off the mark taking the first two games 9-6, 9-0.
His experienced opponent then fought back taking the next two games 9-3, 9-2 to force a decider. Fortunately John responded well taking it 9-4 to come through 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Blake took the first 9-4. His opponent then made a fight of it with Kevin just nicking the second 10-8. The third was just as close with Kevin again coming out on top 10-8 to win 3-0 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe played well and took a close first 9-7. Chris took the next also 9-7 then cruised the third 9-2, to win in straight games.
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 3 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-5 in an even contest. Bobby just lost out in the next two, both 9-7, before fighting back to take the fourth 9-5.
The decider was tight with Bobby just losing out 9-7 to go down 3-2. First string Paul Goodchild's bad run continued with a 2-9, 2-9, 1-9 straight game reverse.
Overall, however a 16-8 Watton victory.