Watton out of the danger zone
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.
With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
John Needham was quick off the mark taking the first two games 9-6, 9-0.
His experienced opponent then fought back taking the next two games 9-3, 9-2 to force a decider. Fortunately John responded well taking it 9-4 to come through 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Blake took the first 9-4. His opponent then made a fight of it with Kevin just nicking the second 10-8. The third was just as close with Kevin again coming out on top 10-8 to win 3-0 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe played well and took a close first 9-7. Chris took the next also 9-7 then cruised the third 9-2, to win in straight games.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 8 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-5 in an even contest. Bobby just lost out in the next two, both 9-7, before fighting back to take the fourth 9-5.
The decider was tight with Bobby just losing out 9-7 to go down 3-2. First string Paul Goodchild's bad run continued with a 2-9, 2-9, 1-9 straight game reverse.
Overall, however a 16-8 Watton victory.