Watton out of the danger zone
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.
With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
John Needham was quick off the mark taking the first two games 9-6, 9-0.
His experienced opponent then fought back taking the next two games 9-3, 9-2 to force a decider. Fortunately John responded well taking it 9-4 to come through 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Blake took the first 9-4. His opponent then made a fight of it with Kevin just nicking the second 10-8. The third was just as close with Kevin again coming out on top 10-8 to win 3-0 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe played well and took a close first 9-7. Chris took the next also 9-7 then cruised the third 9-2, to win in straight games.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-5 in an even contest. Bobby just lost out in the next two, both 9-7, before fighting back to take the fourth 9-5.
The decider was tight with Bobby just losing out 9-7 to go down 3-2. First string Paul Goodchild's bad run continued with a 2-9, 2-9, 1-9 straight game reverse.
Overall, however a 16-8 Watton victory.