Watton out of the danger zone
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
Watton Squash Club are now out of the relegation places in Division Two.
With the Beccles match being postponed, Watton entertained Barnham Broom III.
John Needham was quick off the mark taking the first two games 9-6, 9-0.
His experienced opponent then fought back taking the next two games 9-3, 9-2 to force a decider. Fortunately John responded well taking it 9-4 to come through 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Blake took the first 9-4. His opponent then made a fight of it with Kevin just nicking the second 10-8. The third was just as close with Kevin again coming out on top 10-8 to win 3-0 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe played well and took a close first 9-7. Chris took the next also 9-7 then cruised the third 9-2, to win in straight games.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-5 in an even contest. Bobby just lost out in the next two, both 9-7, before fighting back to take the fourth 9-5.
The decider was tight with Bobby just losing out 9-7 to go down 3-2. First string Paul Goodchild's bad run continued with a 2-9, 2-9, 1-9 straight game reverse.
Overall, however a 16-8 Watton victory.