Watton men top table
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club ladies have played in two friendlies over the past week.The first was away to Bradenham, where they won two of their three games and by 20 shots aggregrate.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club ladies have played in two friendlies over the past week.
The first was away to Bradenham, where they won two of their three games and by 20 shots aggregrate. The second match was at Ashill, where they represented Watton in the Ladies' President's Day. Their next league match on Monday is at home to Ashill.
In the EBA League, Watton men have gained top position in Central Three following their excellent 4-1 away win at Ashill. With the next match at home to Hingham, they will be looking to continue their good form.
In the Ashill and District League the A team once again continued their winning ways with a 6-2 win away at Thetford B.
You may also want to watch:
This consolidates their position at the top of the league. On Tuesday they are away to Bradenhan A.
Both the B and C teams found their opponents far superior on the day. They both finished point-less, to Dereham St. Nicholas away, and Diss at home, respectively.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
They will be looking for better results in their next matches. The B team are at home to Wicklewood, whilst the C team are away to Connaught C.
On Saturday, the annual friendly fixture was played at home against Cromer Bowls Club. On a glorious afternoon for bowling Watton won three of the six mixed rinks and overall by 13 shots up. The return match is scheduled for August 16.