Watton luck for ladies
IN Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's first league match of the season the ladies played away to Mundford, and returned empty handed. Their next match, on Wednesday May 20, is a home friendly against Connaught ladies.
IN Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's first league match of the season the ladies played away to Mundford, and returned empty handed.
Their next match, on Wednesday May 20, is a home friendly against Connaught ladies.
The captain versus vice-captain match on Saturday, saw the stand-in vice-captain Evelyn's team taking the honours with a five-shot victory over captain John's team.
The Norfolk County Championships are under way - with mixed results so far for Watton. The successful players to date are Harry Moult, Dick Mikulik, Roy Tydeman and Clive King with a narrow win in the fours, away at Mundford. Then in the triples Harry with Dick and Clive had an easier win away at Wymondham.
There is a Charity Day at the club on Saturday May 23, starting at 2pm. They are supporting the Watton Medical Practice and aiming to raise enough money for new equipment, in particular a pulse oxymeter.
Refreshments will be provided and there are raffle prizes to be won.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR