Watton lead the way on court
Watton Squash Club continued their climb up Division Three to the top when they entertained Cromer second team.Diss are close in second so it's all down to the final fixture at home to Barnham Broom IV, one of only two teams to have inflicted a defeat on Watton so far this summer.
Watton Squash Club continued their climb up Division Three to the top when they entertained Cromer second team.
Diss are close in second so it's all down to the final fixture at home to Barnham Broom IV, one of only two teams to have inflicted a defeat on Watton so far this summer.
Against Cromer, Bobby Hunt took total control in a comfortable 9-1, 9-2, 9-1 straight-game win.
First-string Paul Goodchild was just as impressive, coming through 9-2, 9-3, 9-5, also in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
Dev Mahatme was sluggish while losing the first 9-7. He picked up taking the next two 9-3, 9-5, before loss of concentration allowed his opponent to take the fourth 9-4.
Fortunately Dev came through 9-7 in a close decider to win 3-2.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
Kevin Blake saved game point before taking a hard first 10-9.
The second was a repeat, with his opponent again squandering game points with Kevin taking it 10-9.
The third was close but Kev took it 9-7 to come through in straight games.
Overall, it was a 16-2 Watton victory.
Further to the last report, a reminder that the club is looking for new players to form a team for the winter season.
Please contact Kevin Blake on 01953 483394 for further details.