Watton lead the way on court
Watton Squash Club continued their climb up Division Three to the top when they entertained Cromer second team.Diss are close in second so it's all down to the final fixture at home to Barnham Broom IV, one of only two teams to have inflicted a defeat on Watton so far this summer.
Watton Squash Club continued their climb up Division Three to the top when they entertained Cromer second team.
Diss are close in second so it's all down to the final fixture at home to Barnham Broom IV, one of only two teams to have inflicted a defeat on Watton so far this summer.
Against Cromer, Bobby Hunt took total control in a comfortable 9-1, 9-2, 9-1 straight-game win.
First-string Paul Goodchild was just as impressive, coming through 9-2, 9-3, 9-5, also in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
Dev Mahatme was sluggish while losing the first 9-7. He picked up taking the next two 9-3, 9-5, before loss of concentration allowed his opponent to take the fourth 9-4.
Fortunately Dev came through 9-7 in a close decider to win 3-2.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
Kevin Blake saved game point before taking a hard first 10-9.
The second was a repeat, with his opponent again squandering game points with Kevin taking it 10-9.
The third was close but Kev took it 9-7 to come through in straight games.
Overall, it was a 16-2 Watton victory.
Further to the last report, a reminder that the club is looking for new players to form a team for the winter season.
Please contact Kevin Blake on 01953 483394 for further details.