Watton gun for top-two place
Watton Squash Club travelled for the third consecutive away match, this time to Division Three opponents Oasis II. Overall, they got a 14-5 victory with a top-two finish still on the cards with three matches to play.
Watton Squash Club travelled for the third consecutive away match, this time to Division Three opponents Oasis II.
Overall, they got a 14-5 victory with a top-two finish still on the cards with three matches to play.
Next up is Fakenham II at home.
John Needham just lost a prolonged first game 10-9. He raised his game to take the second 9-3. In a close third, despite having several game points, John couldn't close it and was edged out 9-8. He then lost the next 9-0 to go down 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Dev Mahatme just managed to nick a close first 10-8, with his opponent fighting back to take another close one 9-7. The third was pivotal with Dev edging it 9-7 and he also took the fourth 9-4 to come through 3-1.
Kevin Blake started sluggishly, going 8-4 down, but dug in and fought back to steal it 10-8. Kevin also took the second 9-5 before taking a breather as his opponent took the third 9-6. Kev then went 7-0 up but let his opponent back in it before finally taking it 9-7, also winning 3-1.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
First-string Martin Guppy took a tight first game 9-7. Thereafter his class showed with him comfortably taking the next two 9-2, 9-2 to win in straight games.