Watton go top on court
Watton Squash Club's first team moved to the top of Norfolk Division Three with a 14-4 home victory against Fakenham II.John Needham recovered from losing the first game 9-6 to take the next three 9-5 9-2 9-3 and come through 3-1.
Watton Squash Club's first team moved to the top of Norfolk Division Three with a 14-4 home victory against Fakenham II.
John Needham recovered from losing the first game 9-6 to take the next three 9-5 9-2 9-3 and come through 3-1.
Kevin Blake took a closely contested first 9-7 and an even tighter second 10-8. He then kept up the pressure edging the third 9-7 to win in straight games.
Dev Mahatme was never really troubled coming through again in straight games 9-2 9-3 9-5.
You may also want to watch:
First-string Tim Perry took the first 9-6 and managed to get to 8-2 game point in the second before his talented young opponent, the Norfolk number one at U16 level, found his range with Tim losing out 10-8.
The next went quickly 9-1 before Tim fought back in the fourth getting to game point. Yet again he couldn't finish it losing out 10-8 to go down 3-1.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
Overall, however, the Watton victory keeps the team in the title race with two matches to play.
Next up, Cromer at home.
With several people moving on or away the club is looking to welcome new and former players, young or old, to join the squad for the winter season.
Newcomers needn't worry if they are fairly new to squash as the club will enter the team in a division to suit.
Match nights include a game usually against an opponent of similar ability, followed by a friendly drink and bite to eat.
If this interests you just pick up the phone and contact team captain Kevin Blake on 01953 483394, or ask at the sports centre reception.