Watton dominate on court
DIVISION Two leaders Watton Squash Club first team continued their dominance with a 20-3 away win over second-placed Barnham Broom II. Ian Thompson came from 2-1 down to win a great match against an up-and-coming young player.
DIVISION Two leaders Watton Squash Club first team continued their dominance with a 20-3 away win over second-placed Barnham Broom II.
Ian Thompson came from 2-1 down to win a great match against an up-and-coming young player. Steve Rudd lost the first but the result was never in doubt after he got going winning the next three to come through 3-1.
Jonathan Pearson won comfortably 3-0 in straight games. Alan Soame had too much for a quality young opponent winning 3-0 with first string Simon Howling also achieving an easy 3-0 win.
Watton II travelled to Wensum Lodge hoping to improve on last week's home defeat to Oasis. Chris Haythorpe struggled in the first losing it 9-6. He then regained control and came through 9-4 9-2 and a close third 9-7, to win 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Dev Mahatme was edged out 10-8 in the first but levelled taking the next 9-3. Dev also took a close third 10-8 to go 2-1 up. Unfortunately loss of concentration led to a 9-0 trouncing in the fourth and despite a fight back loss of the decider 9-6 to go down 3-2.
Kevin Blake was in fine form taking the first two 10-8, 9-5 before his opponent fought back taking the third 9-4. Kev then upped his game to take the next 9-4 to come through 3-1.
- 1 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 4 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
Bobby Hunt took the first 9-3 but allowed his opponent to take the next two 9-2, 9-6. As usual Bobby hung in and used his superior fitness to take the fourth 9-2 and the decider 9-3 to win 3-2.
First string Paul Goodchild looked more like his old self with an impressive display winning 9-6, 9-2, 9-1 comfortably in straight games.
Overall, a 19-7 victory for Watton.