Watton bowls players knocked out
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two. Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two.
Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
In the county pairs John Hunter and Clive King could not master the younger men from Wymondham. In a close fought match, Mark Flatman and Jack Adcock recovered from 7-9 to run out as the winners.
In the ADL, the A team lost 2-6 away to Ashill A.
The B team recorded their first win in defeating Dereham St Nicholas 5-3 at home, whilst the C team lost at home to Feltwell B 2-6.
The EBA team played well in their match away at Harling. The 1-4 result was not a true reflection of the game.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
On the last end in all three games both teams could have won all rinks.
The fact that Watton only won one and lost by four shots overall indicated the close finish.
Unfortunately both scheduled friendlies against Harleston and Barnham were cancelled due to the visiting clubs being unable to muster enough players.
In the Graves Cup at Mundford on Saturday Watton are playing Swaffham.
A new competition takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm when the Watton Coral Challenge Cup is contested for between six local clubs - namely Ashill, Bradenham, Mundford, Shropham, Swaffham and Watton.