Watton bowls players knocked out
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two. Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two.
Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
In the county pairs John Hunter and Clive King could not master the younger men from Wymondham. In a close fought match, Mark Flatman and Jack Adcock recovered from 7-9 to run out as the winners.
In the ADL, the A team lost 2-6 away to Ashill A.
You may also want to watch:
The B team recorded their first win in defeating Dereham St Nicholas 5-3 at home, whilst the C team lost at home to Feltwell B 2-6.
The EBA team played well in their match away at Harling. The 1-4 result was not a true reflection of the game.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
On the last end in all three games both teams could have won all rinks.
The fact that Watton only won one and lost by four shots overall indicated the close finish.
Unfortunately both scheduled friendlies against Harleston and Barnham were cancelled due to the visiting clubs being unable to muster enough players.
In the Graves Cup at Mundford on Saturday Watton are playing Swaffham.
A new competition takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm when the Watton Coral Challenge Cup is contested for between six local clubs - namely Ashill, Bradenham, Mundford, Shropham, Swaffham and Watton.