Watton bowls players knocked out
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two. Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club representatives in the Norfolk county singles both went out in round two.
Max Hodges lost 15-21 to G Goodrum at Wymondham, whilst Ged Pask lost against K Jenkins at Hingham.
In the county pairs John Hunter and Clive King could not master the younger men from Wymondham. In a close fought match, Mark Flatman and Jack Adcock recovered from 7-9 to run out as the winners.
In the ADL, the A team lost 2-6 away to Ashill A.
You may also want to watch:
The B team recorded their first win in defeating Dereham St Nicholas 5-3 at home, whilst the C team lost at home to Feltwell B 2-6.
The EBA team played well in their match away at Harling. The 1-4 result was not a true reflection of the game.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
On the last end in all three games both teams could have won all rinks.
The fact that Watton only won one and lost by four shots overall indicated the close finish.
Unfortunately both scheduled friendlies against Harleston and Barnham were cancelled due to the visiting clubs being unable to muster enough players.
In the Graves Cup at Mundford on Saturday Watton are playing Swaffham.
A new competition takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm when the Watton Coral Challenge Cup is contested for between six local clubs - namely Ashill, Bradenham, Mundford, Shropham, Swaffham and Watton.