Watton Bowls Club players have a busy spell
- Credit: James Bass
Watton Bowls Club players have been kept busy by competiting in county and league competitions,
In the county triples Peter Myhill, Graham Vellam and Kevin Wilson, playing away to Alan Willer of Ashill, lost 5-26.
In the county pairs Kevin Wilson and John Hunter lost 11-21 to Alan Willer and Bob Hall.
Watton were away to Derehan St Nicholas in the ADL, losing 2-6 and by 33-54 on shots. Steff Hubble, Brian Cubby and John Hunter won 18-9.
Carol Relf, Jim Adams and Alan Hubble lost 6-27, with Carol having to retire through an injury. Margaret Bowdidge, Richard Relf and Kevin Simpson lost 9-18.
You may also want to watch:
In the EBA League away to Ashill, there was a 1-4 defeat and 41-68 on shots (John Hunter, Mike Mitchell and Len Green Andy Sindle 16-20), Graham Vellam, John Walkling, David Violet and Malcolm Hamilton 7-31, Kevin Wilson, Dick Mikulik, Brian Ledbetter and Keith Bennett 18-17).
At home to Mundford there was a 1-4 result and 50-59 on shots (John Hunter, Mike Mitchell, Len Green and Malcolm Hamilton 17-16, Graham Vellam, Andy Sindle, Jim Adams and Charles Newman 17-20, Kevin Wilson, David Violet, Brian Ledbetter and Keith Bennett 16-23).
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Watton Bowls Club's ACL team were beaten 0-6 at home against Scole, 24-32 on shots (John Seage, Richard Relf and Pat Prior 14-16, Kevin Abbott, Jim Adams and Gordon Stanbridge 10-16).
The annual Club Fours competition produced an exciting finish.
There was a tie on points, with the winners Sonia Exley, Richard Relf, Jim Adams and John Hunter taking the title by virtue of having a better shot difference than Margaret Bowdidge, Brian Cubby, Pat Prior and Richard Exley.
Hockey: Watton Hockey Club are running free hockey sessions for all ages to come along and have a go at the sport this month.
The first session takes place at the Sports Centre this Thursday (June 15) while there are further sessions on June 22 and 29. All three run from 7 to 8pm.
Sticks will be provided and qualified coaches will be ready for all ages to have a go at the sport.
Watton Ladies' first team will be playing in Division One North of the East League next season after winning the Division 2NE title last season. They also have a team in the Empresa Norfolk League. For more infomation visit www.wattonhc.com