Watton BC celebrate first win of the season
- Credit: James Bass
In the EBA league Watton lost 5-0 away to Shipdham (45-86 on shots).
The ACL team, playing away to Gissing lost 0-6, on shots 18-36 (Brian Cubby, Sandy and Graham Vellam 8-22, Carol Relf, Jim Adams and Kevin Simpson 10-14).
The ADL team provided the first league victory of the season at home to Connaught Elm.
The result over 12 ends was 8-0, 53-24 on shots (Kevin Abbott with Sonia and Richard Exley 23-7, Margaret Bowdidge with Ted Prior and Dick Mikulik 11-7, and Steff and Alan Hubble together with Kevin Simpson 19-10).
In the county triples there was an excellent 22-6 away win for Kevin Wilson, Graham Vellam and Peter Myhill against M Gooch's triple at Mundford. Malcolm Hamilton, John Hunter and Richard Exley lost 13-21 away to David Priestley's triple at Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk's build up to the Middleton Cup continues on Saturday when they host Essex in the ECL.
- 1 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 2 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region