Watton BC celebrate first win of the season
- Credit: James Bass
In the EBA league Watton lost 5-0 away to Shipdham (45-86 on shots).
The ACL team, playing away to Gissing lost 0-6, on shots 18-36 (Brian Cubby, Sandy and Graham Vellam 8-22, Carol Relf, Jim Adams and Kevin Simpson 10-14).
The ADL team provided the first league victory of the season at home to Connaught Elm.
The result over 12 ends was 8-0, 53-24 on shots (Kevin Abbott with Sonia and Richard Exley 23-7, Margaret Bowdidge with Ted Prior and Dick Mikulik 11-7, and Steff and Alan Hubble together with Kevin Simpson 19-10).
In the county triples there was an excellent 22-6 away win for Kevin Wilson, Graham Vellam and Peter Myhill against M Gooch's triple at Mundford. Malcolm Hamilton, John Hunter and Richard Exley lost 13-21 away to David Priestley's triple at Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk's build up to the Middleton Cup continues on Saturday when they host Essex in the ECL.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans