Watton battle on court
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team. Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10.
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team.
Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10. Kev fought back to take the fourth 9-2 and force a decider. Unfortunately he then faded, losing it 9-5 to go down 3-2.
Dev Mahatme just lost a close first 8-10, then levelling taking the next 9-6. Lack of match fitness then showed with Dev losing the next two 6-9, 4-9 to go down 3-1.
First string Paul Goodchild was outclassed when facing former Norfolk number one Richard Milman and went down 0-9, 1-9, 3-9 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe lost the first 5-9 and a close second 9-10 before fighting back to take the next two 9-1, 9-2. The decider was extremely close but Chris used his experience finally taking it 10-9 to win 3-2 in the tie of the night. Unfortunately the overall result was a 15-6 defeat for Watton.
The first team were given a 16-0 walkover when Division One opponents Beccles failed to turn up.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 5 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 9 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 10 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack