Watton battle on court
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team. Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10.
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team.
Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10. Kev fought back to take the fourth 9-2 and force a decider. Unfortunately he then faded, losing it 9-5 to go down 3-2.
Dev Mahatme just lost a close first 8-10, then levelling taking the next 9-6. Lack of match fitness then showed with Dev losing the next two 6-9, 4-9 to go down 3-1.
First string Paul Goodchild was outclassed when facing former Norfolk number one Richard Milman and went down 0-9, 1-9, 3-9 in straight games.
Chris Haythorpe lost the first 5-9 and a close second 9-10 before fighting back to take the next two 9-1, 9-2. The decider was extremely close but Chris used his experience finally taking it 10-9 to win 3-2 in the tie of the night. Unfortunately the overall result was a 15-6 defeat for Watton.
The first team were given a 16-0 walkover when Division One opponents Beccles failed to turn up.
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 8 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?