Watton battle on court
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team. Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10.
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team.
Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10. Kev fought back to take the fourth 9-2 and force a decider. Unfortunately he then faded, losing it 9-5 to go down 3-2.
Dev Mahatme just lost a close first 8-10, then levelling taking the next 9-6. Lack of match fitness then showed with Dev losing the next two 6-9, 4-9 to go down 3-1.
First string Paul Goodchild was outclassed when facing former Norfolk number one Richard Milman and went down 0-9, 1-9, 3-9 in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Haythorpe lost the first 5-9 and a close second 9-10 before fighting back to take the next two 9-1, 9-2. The decider was extremely close but Chris used his experience finally taking it 10-9 to win 3-2 in the tie of the night. Unfortunately the overall result was a 15-6 defeat for Watton.
The first team were given a 16-0 walkover when Division One opponents Beccles failed to turn up.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans