Watton battle on court
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team. Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10.
AFTER last week's opening win Watton Squash Club's second team entertained Cromer first team.
Kevin Blake started brightly taking the first 9-5. He then lost the next 3-9 and a tight third 8-10. Kev fought back to take the fourth 9-2 and force a decider. Unfortunately he then faded, losing it 9-5 to go down 3-2.
Dev Mahatme just lost a close first 8-10, then levelling taking the next 9-6. Lack of match fitness then showed with Dev losing the next two 6-9, 4-9 to go down 3-1.
First string Paul Goodchild was outclassed when facing former Norfolk number one Richard Milman and went down 0-9, 1-9, 3-9 in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Haythorpe lost the first 5-9 and a close second 9-10 before fighting back to take the next two 9-1, 9-2. The decider was extremely close but Chris used his experience finally taking it 10-9 to win 3-2 in the tie of the night. Unfortunately the overall result was a 15-6 defeat for Watton.
The first team were given a 16-0 walkover when Division One opponents Beccles failed to turn up.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 8 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances