Vital game for Watton
Division Three leaders Watton Squash Club II entertained Fakenham.Overall, a 20-3 Watton victory with probably the season defining match against second placed East Anglia next up.
Division Three leaders Watton Squash Club II entertained Fakenham.
Overall, a 20-3 Watton victory with probably the season defining match against second placed East Anglia next up.
Bobby Hunt cruised the first 9-2, went ahead in the second but let it slip 9-7. Bobby then took complete control taking the next two 9-3 9-0 to come through 3-1.
Kevin Blake finally edged home 10-9 in a tough first, with his opponent responding taking the next 9-6.
You may also want to watch:
Kev took the third 9-3, with his opponent again levelling taking the fourth 9-2. Kev's experience told in the decider with him taking it 9-5 to come through 3-2. Dev Mahatme was untroubled in the first 9-0, with a harder second which he also took 9-7.
Dev finished the third 9-5 for a straight game win.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
In-form Chris Haythorpe was ruthless winning 9-3 9-4 9-1 in straight games. First string Paul Goodchild responded well to last week's defeat by comfortably winning 9-0 9-3 9-7, also in straight games.
Struggling Watton entertained Division One opponents East Anglia II. Vince Somers was never in contention and went down 3-0 in straight games.
Steve Rudd, recovering from illness, also lost 3-0.
Alan Soame took a while to find his rhythm and then came through impressively to win 3-1. Jonathan Pearson finally showed glimpses of his old self and ground out a fine 3-2 win, his first of the season.
First string Simon went on with the match in the balance but despite playing well was simply outclassed, going down 3-0, with East Anglia taking the victory 17-6.