Utility man comes up with the answers for Watton United at Feltwell
- Credit: Submitted
Watton travelled to Feltwell on Saturday and came away with an impressive victory.
In the absence of prolific striker Xavier Huckle, team manager Iain Hunt gave the centre-forward responsibility to utility man Matty Webster who duly headed the visitors into an early lead within 10 minutes of the start. Sixteen-year-old Ty Bond replaced injured wingman Nathan Lawes after 20 minutes, making his first appearance after an impressive display in a friendly against Wymondham Town on Tuesday.
The young debutant soon settled into the game, his persistence and enthusiasm rewarded when he earned Watton a corner. Sam Childerhouse stepped forward and delivered the ball to unmarked frontman Webster who coolly scored to given Watton a 2-0 lead. Watton finished the first half displaying clear authority over the match, worthy of their two goal advantage.
Watton extended their lead within five minutes of the restart.
Midfielder Ben Childerhouse scored from the penalty spot after a foul on Kevin Bloomfield.
You may also want to watch:
Less than 10 minutes later, Bloomfield's tireless efforts enabled Joe Meehan to tap in Watton's fourth.
Making their debut appearances in senior football, substitutes George Smith and Filipe Apolinario were introduced for part of the second half.
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
Bloomfield heaped more misery on a deflated Feltwell 10 minutes before the full time whistle when he scored his 28th league and cup goal this season.
Watton owed their clean sheet performance to a well organised defence captained by man of the match Gareth Deere.
Watton entertain Long Stratton Reserves for the semi-final of the CS Morley Cup on Saturday. The match kicks off at 2pm.