Unexpected win for Watton on court
After their recent slump there was no respite for Watton with an away trip to Division Three leaders Broadland 4. John Needham started sluggishly, losing the first 9-4.
After their recent slump there was no respite for Watton with an away trip to Division Three leaders Broadland 4. John Needham started sluggishly, losing the first 9-4. He then found a rhythm and strolled the second 9-1.
He took the next two 9-4 9-6 to come through 3-1. Kevin Blake was quick to start taking a close first 9-7. The second was also tight with Kevin nicking it 10-8. The effort took its toll with Kevin conceding the next 9-1. He rallied in the fourth but just missed out 9-7. He had nothing left losing the decider 9-1 to lose 3-2.
Dev Mahatme made a slow start going behind 8-1 in the first. He saved game point and took several more before eventually losing it 9-6. The second was close but Dev took it 9-7. The third was another prolonged affair with Dev winning it 9-5. He also took the fourth 9-3 to come through 3-1.
First-string Paul Goodchild stormed the first 9-4. He lost a tight second 9-7 and a poor third 9-1. Paul, however, dug in and clawed his way back taking the fourth 9-6. The effort unfortunately took its toll with Paul conceding the decider 9-4 to lose out 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, a well-deserved and unexpected 14-8 win lifting Watton back in to the second promotion place. Watton next visit Oasis.
- 1 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 2 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region