Unexpected win for Watton on court
After their recent slump there was no respite for Watton with an away trip to Division Three leaders Broadland 4. John Needham started sluggishly, losing the first 9-4.
After their recent slump there was no respite for Watton with an away trip to Division Three leaders Broadland 4. John Needham started sluggishly, losing the first 9-4. He then found a rhythm and strolled the second 9-1.
He took the next two 9-4 9-6 to come through 3-1. Kevin Blake was quick to start taking a close first 9-7. The second was also tight with Kevin nicking it 10-8. The effort took its toll with Kevin conceding the next 9-1. He rallied in the fourth but just missed out 9-7. He had nothing left losing the decider 9-1 to lose 3-2.
Dev Mahatme made a slow start going behind 8-1 in the first. He saved game point and took several more before eventually losing it 9-6. The second was close but Dev took it 9-7. The third was another prolonged affair with Dev winning it 9-5. He also took the fourth 9-3 to come through 3-1.
First-string Paul Goodchild stormed the first 9-4. He lost a tight second 9-7 and a poor third 9-1. Paul, however, dug in and clawed his way back taking the fourth 9-6. The effort unfortunately took its toll with Paul conceding the decider 9-4 to lose out 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, a well-deserved and unexpected 14-8 win lifting Watton back in to the second promotion place. Watton next visit Oasis.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling