Triples in action at Watton
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.
The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Unfortunately the format whereby the winners of Group One played the winners of Group Two in the final did not occur, due to heavy rain at the start of the third matches.
The winners, therefore, were the best team overall with two wins and the highest shot difference and they turned out to be Brenda Draper, Doug Page and Neville Howe.
During the week the final of the two wood pairs was postponed on two occasions and will now take place on Thursday, September 11.
The ladies' Luton Trophy was played up to the final where Sheila and Dorothy will meet again.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 5 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 6 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 9 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 10 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
Watton ladies also entertained Connaught ladies in a friendly with the visitors winning two of the three matches and taking the overall shots.
This was followed by another friendly with the club sending four mixed rinks to Barnham.
The match was played under federation rules and the home team took full advantage of their unique green by winning 3-1 and by 14 shots.
Confirmation was received from the Ashill and District League that Watton A team finished top of Division Two. Ernie Selsby, the non-playing captain, gave credit to the whole team on their excellent team performance over the season.
The club fours will be held on Saturday followed by the Norfolk VP's coming to play Watton on Monday.