Triples in action at Watton
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.
The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Unfortunately the format whereby the winners of Group One played the winners of Group Two in the final did not occur, due to heavy rain at the start of the third matches.
The winners, therefore, were the best team overall with two wins and the highest shot difference and they turned out to be Brenda Draper, Doug Page and Neville Howe.
You may also want to watch:
During the week the final of the two wood pairs was postponed on two occasions and will now take place on Thursday, September 11.
The ladies' Luton Trophy was played up to the final where Sheila and Dorothy will meet again.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Watton ladies also entertained Connaught ladies in a friendly with the visitors winning two of the three matches and taking the overall shots.
This was followed by another friendly with the club sending four mixed rinks to Barnham.
The match was played under federation rules and the home team took full advantage of their unique green by winning 3-1 and by 14 shots.
Confirmation was received from the Ashill and District League that Watton A team finished top of Division Two. Ernie Selsby, the non-playing captain, gave credit to the whole team on their excellent team performance over the season.
The club fours will be held on Saturday followed by the Norfolk VP's coming to play Watton on Monday.