Triples in action at Watton
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Watton (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's Anniversary Triples were held on Sunday with 24 players taking part in the event.
The teams were decided by a draw with each triple consisting of one lady and two men.
Unfortunately the format whereby the winners of Group One played the winners of Group Two in the final did not occur, due to heavy rain at the start of the third matches.
The winners, therefore, were the best team overall with two wins and the highest shot difference and they turned out to be Brenda Draper, Doug Page and Neville Howe.
You may also want to watch:
During the week the final of the two wood pairs was postponed on two occasions and will now take place on Thursday, September 11.
The ladies' Luton Trophy was played up to the final where Sheila and Dorothy will meet again.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 6 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
Watton ladies also entertained Connaught ladies in a friendly with the visitors winning two of the three matches and taking the overall shots.
This was followed by another friendly with the club sending four mixed rinks to Barnham.
The match was played under federation rules and the home team took full advantage of their unique green by winning 3-1 and by 14 shots.
Confirmation was received from the Ashill and District League that Watton A team finished top of Division Two. Ernie Selsby, the non-playing captain, gave credit to the whole team on their excellent team performance over the season.
The club fours will be held on Saturday followed by the Norfolk VP's coming to play Watton on Monday.