Tournament win for Megan
Tennis ace Megan Wright from Carbrooke took part in the 12/u Junior County Tournament. Megan, seeded at number two, was playing in a tournament with some very good players.
Tennis ace Megan Wright from Carbrooke took part in the 12/u Junior County Tournament.
Megan, seeded at number two, was playing in a tournament with some very good players.
She started the tournament very well, winning all her matches to qualify for the final on Sunday.
Megan was up in the final against Bronte Farrage, Norfolk's 12/u No. 1 player.
Both players started the match very well and the match was looking to be a very close one. The courts were very slow and high bouncing, so not really suited to Megan's game.
Megan had to be really patient to pick the right shot to attack from.
- 1 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 4 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 5 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 6 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 7 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 10 Weird Norfolk: The jilted Tudor ghost that haunts a National Trust hall
But her patience was to be rewarded as she won a close first set 6-4.
In the second set Megan was serving first and decided she must start to really attack her opponent with a few aces. In the next couple of games Megan was 2-0 up.
Megan was continuing to attack, forcing her opponent into the net.
Megan varied her game playing a lot of volleys and drop shots to win important points. With the game at 5-2 to Megan it looked all over.
Bronte was to serve to stay in the game. The final game seemed to be the longest with eight deuces but it was Megan who took the game to win the match 6-4, 6-2.
Both girls played very well.