Tournament win for Megan
Tennis ace Megan Wright from Carbrooke took part in the 12/u Junior County Tournament. Megan, seeded at number two, was playing in a tournament with some very good players.
Tennis ace Megan Wright from Carbrooke took part in the 12/u Junior County Tournament.
Megan, seeded at number two, was playing in a tournament with some very good players.
She started the tournament very well, winning all her matches to qualify for the final on Sunday.
Megan was up in the final against Bronte Farrage, Norfolk's 12/u No. 1 player.
You may also want to watch:
Both players started the match very well and the match was looking to be a very close one. The courts were very slow and high bouncing, so not really suited to Megan's game.
Megan had to be really patient to pick the right shot to attack from.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 9 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
But her patience was to be rewarded as she won a close first set 6-4.
In the second set Megan was serving first and decided she must start to really attack her opponent with a few aces. In the next couple of games Megan was 2-0 up.
Megan was continuing to attack, forcing her opponent into the net.
Megan varied her game playing a lot of volleys and drop shots to win important points. With the game at 5-2 to Megan it looked all over.
Bronte was to serve to stay in the game. The final game seemed to be the longest with eight deuces but it was Megan who took the game to win the match 6-4, 6-2.
Both girls played very well.