Title delight for league
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.
It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The team, comprised of Peter Crisp, John Hayhoe and Phillip Welham, remained unbeaten all day, with all three players playing good attacking billiards.
Good wins over last year's champions Woodside (Norwich) 4-0, and 3-1 over eventual runners-up St Phillips (Norwich) saw the league clinch the title.
You may also want to watch:
Hayhoe recorded a 54 break during his four games, Crisp a 53 and Welham's best a 100 exactly proved to be the event's highest break.
The West Norfolk B team, Colin Bean, Robert Crisp, Alan Durrant and Fred Weyman competed well all day and Alan Durrant recorded a well-made 40 break in his second game.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
The team finished in fourth place overall.
Frank Harper, county billiards secretary, was tournament director on the day, while Broadland Snooker Centre, Norwich, acted as hosts and sponsors.