Title delight for league
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.
It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The team, comprised of Peter Crisp, John Hayhoe and Phillip Welham, remained unbeaten all day, with all three players playing good attacking billiards.
Good wins over last year's champions Woodside (Norwich) 4-0, and 3-1 over eventual runners-up St Phillips (Norwich) saw the league clinch the title.
You may also want to watch:
Hayhoe recorded a 54 break during his four games, Crisp a 53 and Welham's best a 100 exactly proved to be the event's highest break.
The West Norfolk B team, Colin Bean, Robert Crisp, Alan Durrant and Fred Weyman competed well all day and Alan Durrant recorded a well-made 40 break in his second game.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
The team finished in fourth place overall.
Frank Harper, county billiards secretary, was tournament director on the day, while Broadland Snooker Centre, Norwich, acted as hosts and sponsors.