Title delight for league
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.
It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The team, comprised of Peter Crisp, John Hayhoe and Phillip Welham, remained unbeaten all day, with all three players playing good attacking billiards.
Good wins over last year's champions Woodside (Norwich) 4-0, and 3-1 over eventual runners-up St Phillips (Norwich) saw the league clinch the title.
You may also want to watch:
Hayhoe recorded a 54 break during his four games, Crisp a 53 and Welham's best a 100 exactly proved to be the event's highest break.
The West Norfolk B team, Colin Bean, Robert Crisp, Alan Durrant and Fred Weyman competed well all day and Alan Durrant recorded a well-made 40 break in his second game.
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
The team finished in fourth place overall.
Frank Harper, county billiards secretary, was tournament director on the day, while Broadland Snooker Centre, Norwich, acted as hosts and sponsors.