Title delight for league
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.
It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The team, comprised of Peter Crisp, John Hayhoe and Phillip Welham, remained unbeaten all day, with all three players playing good attacking billiards.
Good wins over last year's champions Woodside (Norwich) 4-0, and 3-1 over eventual runners-up St Phillips (Norwich) saw the league clinch the title.
Hayhoe recorded a 54 break during his four games, Crisp a 53 and Welham's best a 100 exactly proved to be the event's highest break.
The West Norfolk B team, Colin Bean, Robert Crisp, Alan Durrant and Fred Weyman competed well all day and Alan Durrant recorded a well-made 40 break in his second game.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals
The team finished in fourth place overall.
Frank Harper, county billiards secretary, was tournament director on the day, while Broadland Snooker Centre, Norwich, acted as hosts and sponsors.