Title delight for league
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The West Norfolk Billiards League A team won the Norfolk Team Billiards Championship for the first-ever time.
It was the 26th holding of the championship.
The team, comprised of Peter Crisp, John Hayhoe and Phillip Welham, remained unbeaten all day, with all three players playing good attacking billiards.
Good wins over last year's champions Woodside (Norwich) 4-0, and 3-1 over eventual runners-up St Phillips (Norwich) saw the league clinch the title.
Hayhoe recorded a 54 break during his four games, Crisp a 53 and Welham's best a 100 exactly proved to be the event's highest break.
The West Norfolk B team, Colin Bean, Robert Crisp, Alan Durrant and Fred Weyman competed well all day and Alan Durrant recorded a well-made 40 break in his second game.
- 1 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 2 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 3 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 4 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 5 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
The team finished in fourth place overall.
Frank Harper, county billiards secretary, was tournament director on the day, while Broadland Snooker Centre, Norwich, acted as hosts and sponsors.