Thurlow Nunn First Division: Swaffham Town 2 March Town United 1
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Winning ways have returned for Swaffham Town after ending a fortnight wait to get back to league action in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division.
The Pedlars' last game was a 3-0 loss at Haverhill Borough on October 25 but the long wait to put that result behind them finally ended on Saturday with a 2-1 home win against March Town United.
The wind made conditions difficult at Shoemakers Lane but both sides still demonstrated fast, skilful football at a good standard.
Swaffham should have punished the Hares early in the game and possibly had two or three by half-time, but the decisive play for goal never came off.
The visitors broke the deadlock in the 53rd minute after good attacking build-up, leaving goalkeeper Lee Brooks with no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham equalised five minutes later when captain Dean Miller got the better of a goalmouth scramble and thumped home from eight yards.
Alex Vincent, finally showing signs of getting back to form after injury, then hit the winner with a screamer from 20 yards, lashing across goal into the top right-hand corner.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
With 24 minutes remaining, the Pedlars dug deep to hold defence and had an opportunity to get a third but failed to hit the target. On Saturday Swaffham, now three points off top spot in fourth place in the table, travel to lowly Woodbridge Town who have picked up just 11 points from their 13 games so far this season.