Three in a row for Watton
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge. Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game.
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge.
Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game. Overall a 20-0 whitewash for Watton.
After last week's defeat, Watton II made amends away to Oasis. Dev Mahatme won 9-7 9-4 9-6 in straight games. Chris Haythorpe cruised the first 9-3 but was edged out 10-8 in the next. Chris then dug in, taking the next two 9-5 9-7 to come through 3-1. Kevin Blake stormed the first two 9-7 9-5, but got the jitters again, losing the next two 9-5 9-3.
This week, however, he pulled through 9-5 in the decider to win 3-2. Bobby Hunt was involved in the best tie of the night, taking the first two 9-7 9-3.His opponent rallied hard to take the third and fourth 9-4 9-3 to force a decider. This was nip-and-tuck, with Bobby eventually going down 9-6 to lose out 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
First string Paul Goodchild was never troubled in a 9-6 9-7 9-2 straight games win to seal a creditable 19-6 away victory for Watton.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk