Three in a row for Watton
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge. Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game.
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge.
Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game. Overall a 20-0 whitewash for Watton.
After last week's defeat, Watton II made amends away to Oasis. Dev Mahatme won 9-7 9-4 9-6 in straight games. Chris Haythorpe cruised the first 9-3 but was edged out 10-8 in the next. Chris then dug in, taking the next two 9-5 9-7 to come through 3-1. Kevin Blake stormed the first two 9-7 9-5, but got the jitters again, losing the next two 9-5 9-3.
This week, however, he pulled through 9-5 in the decider to win 3-2. Bobby Hunt was involved in the best tie of the night, taking the first two 9-7 9-3.His opponent rallied hard to take the third and fourth 9-4 9-3 to force a decider. This was nip-and-tuck, with Bobby eventually going down 9-6 to lose out 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
First string Paul Goodchild was never troubled in a 9-6 9-7 9-2 straight games win to seal a creditable 19-6 away victory for Watton.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van