Three in a row for Watton
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge. Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game.
Title-chasing Watton I made it three in a row, destroying visitors Wensum Lodge.
Vince Somers, Ian Thompson, Steve Rudd, Jonathan Pearson and Alan Soame all won 3-0 without ever looking like dropping a game. Overall a 20-0 whitewash for Watton.
After last week's defeat, Watton II made amends away to Oasis. Dev Mahatme won 9-7 9-4 9-6 in straight games. Chris Haythorpe cruised the first 9-3 but was edged out 10-8 in the next. Chris then dug in, taking the next two 9-5 9-7 to come through 3-1. Kevin Blake stormed the first two 9-7 9-5, but got the jitters again, losing the next two 9-5 9-3.
This week, however, he pulled through 9-5 in the decider to win 3-2. Bobby Hunt was involved in the best tie of the night, taking the first two 9-7 9-3.His opponent rallied hard to take the third and fourth 9-4 9-3 to force a decider. This was nip-and-tuck, with Bobby eventually going down 9-6 to lose out 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
First string Paul Goodchild was never troubled in a 9-6 9-7 9-2 straight games win to seal a creditable 19-6 away victory for Watton.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses