Thetford are nap-happy
THETFORD Town, on the back of an excellent result against Yarmouth, will be hoping to keep the momentum going this weekend.They visit FC Clacton on Saturday, who are one place above them in the Ridgeons Division One table.
THETFORD Town, on the back of an excellent result against Yarmouth, will be hoping to keep the momentum going this weekend.
They visit FC Clacton on Saturday, who are one place above them in the Ridgeons Division One table.
THETFORD Town travelled to Great Yarmouth and returned home with three valuable points after going nap.
Town got off to a great start when on seven minutes a ball from Brooks found Pask, whose curling shot beat the home keeper.
Within a minute Yarmouth replied but a save from Hulyer denied them a goal.
The game went from end to end with a Catchpole effort on 13 minutes going wide and then Yarmouth having an effort just wide.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 6 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Town started to apply pressure in the second period of the first half with another Catchpole effort just over.
Then came a Mann save on 31 minutes before a chance, set up by Pask, which should have seen Woods score.
However, the striker made up for it two minute later when a great pass from Catchpole gave the striker the ball, and he rounded the keeper to score from an angle.
Armes then had an effort just before the break.
The early exchanges in the second half with Woods having a good chance and on 50 minutes Mann scored his first goal for the club when a Pask pass found him and he ran onto it and netted.
Yarmouth still battled but Jones in the Town defence had an outstanding game. Yarmouth had a good chance to score on 75 minutes but the ball would not go in.
A minute later Town scored a fourth when good work from Bellingham found Armes who scored past the keeper.
It was all Town with Mann having a shot well saved and in the closing minutes Armes got his second goal to give Town the perfect start to the new year.
This Saturday the first team are at FC Clacton (kick-off 3pm).
Thetford Reserves were knocked out of the Chell Trophy, going down 5-1 to Stanway Rovers with Kamern Senior scoring the Town goal.
This Saturday they entertain Debenham LC in the league (ko 3pm).
The U18s entertain Leiston on Monday, with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm.