Thetford are nap-happy
THETFORD Town, on the back of an excellent result against Yarmouth, will be hoping to keep the momentum going this weekend.They visit FC Clacton on Saturday, who are one place above them in the Ridgeons Division One table.
THETFORD Town, on the back of an excellent result against Yarmouth, will be hoping to keep the momentum going this weekend.
They visit FC Clacton on Saturday, who are one place above them in the Ridgeons Division One table.
THETFORD Town travelled to Great Yarmouth and returned home with three valuable points after going nap.
Town got off to a great start when on seven minutes a ball from Brooks found Pask, whose curling shot beat the home keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Within a minute Yarmouth replied but a save from Hulyer denied them a goal.
The game went from end to end with a Catchpole effort on 13 minutes going wide and then Yarmouth having an effort just wide.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
Town started to apply pressure in the second period of the first half with another Catchpole effort just over.
Then came a Mann save on 31 minutes before a chance, set up by Pask, which should have seen Woods score.
However, the striker made up for it two minute later when a great pass from Catchpole gave the striker the ball, and he rounded the keeper to score from an angle.
Armes then had an effort just before the break.
The early exchanges in the second half with Woods having a good chance and on 50 minutes Mann scored his first goal for the club when a Pask pass found him and he ran onto it and netted.
Yarmouth still battled but Jones in the Town defence had an outstanding game. Yarmouth had a good chance to score on 75 minutes but the ball would not go in.
A minute later Town scored a fourth when good work from Bellingham found Armes who scored past the keeper.
It was all Town with Mann having a shot well saved and in the closing minutes Armes got his second goal to give Town the perfect start to the new year.
This Saturday the first team are at FC Clacton (kick-off 3pm).
Thetford Reserves were knocked out of the Chell Trophy, going down 5-1 to Stanway Rovers with Kamern Senior scoring the Town goal.
This Saturday they entertain Debenham LC in the league (ko 3pm).
The U18s entertain Leiston on Monday, with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm.