Teenager Adam leads the way
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland's Adam Cross, 15, beat his elders, and in this case not betters.
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland teenager Adam Cross beat his elders and, in this case, not betters.
The 15-year-old recorded a winning time of 24 minutes 12 seconds.
Nearest challenger Mark Fairhead finished in 25:31, on a damp and miserable evening with Andy Tyler just two seconds in arrears. Also riding were Miles Lubbock 27:39, Paul Cross 29:54, Alan Holland 30:31 and Martin Badhem 34:05.
Don Saunders and Declan Davis rode tandem for a time of 24:56 while Emily, Declan's sister, opted to complete one lap of the course in 17:27, as did Steve Penney who took 18:44.
You may also want to watch:
Getting some serious training in preparation for the epic London-Edinburgh-London Audax in July, Don Saunders rode the Moors and Wolds 400k Audax, which started at 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon from Alfreton in Nottinghamshire.
The demanding course took riders as far north as Pickering in Yorkshire and included a trip across the Humber Bridge on the way south to the finish. Don, with one other rider, completed the 260 (approx) miles to finish second when they checked in at 8.20am on Sunday in a total of 17-50.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple