Teenager Adam leads the way
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland's Adam Cross, 15, beat his elders, and in this case not betters.
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland teenager Adam Cross beat his elders and, in this case, not betters.
The 15-year-old recorded a winning time of 24 minutes 12 seconds.
Nearest challenger Mark Fairhead finished in 25:31, on a damp and miserable evening with Andy Tyler just two seconds in arrears. Also riding were Miles Lubbock 27:39, Paul Cross 29:54, Alan Holland 30:31 and Martin Badhem 34:05.
Don Saunders and Declan Davis rode tandem for a time of 24:56 while Emily, Declan's sister, opted to complete one lap of the course in 17:27, as did Steve Penney who took 18:44.
You may also want to watch:
Getting some serious training in preparation for the epic London-Edinburgh-London Audax in July, Don Saunders rode the Moors and Wolds 400k Audax, which started at 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon from Alfreton in Nottinghamshire.
The demanding course took riders as far north as Pickering in Yorkshire and included a trip across the Humber Bridge on the way south to the finish. Don, with one other rider, completed the 260 (approx) miles to finish second when they checked in at 8.20am on Sunday in a total of 17-50.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent