Teenager Adam leads the way
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland's Adam Cross, 15, beat his elders, and in this case not betters.
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland teenager Adam Cross beat his elders and, in this case, not betters.
The 15-year-old recorded a winning time of 24 minutes 12 seconds.
Nearest challenger Mark Fairhead finished in 25:31, on a damp and miserable evening with Andy Tyler just two seconds in arrears. Also riding were Miles Lubbock 27:39, Paul Cross 29:54, Alan Holland 30:31 and Martin Badhem 34:05.
Don Saunders and Declan Davis rode tandem for a time of 24:56 while Emily, Declan's sister, opted to complete one lap of the course in 17:27, as did Steve Penney who took 18:44.
Getting some serious training in preparation for the epic London-Edinburgh-London Audax in July, Don Saunders rode the Moors and Wolds 400k Audax, which started at 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon from Alfreton in Nottinghamshire.
The demanding course took riders as far north as Pickering in Yorkshire and included a trip across the Humber Bridge on the way south to the finish. Don, with one other rider, completed the 260 (approx) miles to finish second when they checked in at 8.20am on Sunday in a total of 17-50.
- 1 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 2 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 8 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 9 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham