Teenager Adam leads the way
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland's Adam Cross, 15, beat his elders, and in this case not betters.
It had to happen - the last midweek club event held at Tuddenham saw Cycling Club Breckland teenager Adam Cross beat his elders and, in this case, not betters.
The 15-year-old recorded a winning time of 24 minutes 12 seconds.
Nearest challenger Mark Fairhead finished in 25:31, on a damp and miserable evening with Andy Tyler just two seconds in arrears. Also riding were Miles Lubbock 27:39, Paul Cross 29:54, Alan Holland 30:31 and Martin Badhem 34:05.
Don Saunders and Declan Davis rode tandem for a time of 24:56 while Emily, Declan's sister, opted to complete one lap of the course in 17:27, as did Steve Penney who took 18:44.
You may also want to watch:
Getting some serious training in preparation for the epic London-Edinburgh-London Audax in July, Don Saunders rode the Moors and Wolds 400k Audax, which started at 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon from Alfreton in Nottinghamshire.
The demanding course took riders as far north as Pickering in Yorkshire and included a trip across the Humber Bridge on the way south to the finish. Don, with one other rider, completed the 260 (approx) miles to finish second when they checked in at 8.20am on Sunday in a total of 17-50.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van