Swaffham Town take control of title race with 2-0 win over King’s Lynn Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town assumed full control of the Thurlow Nunn First Division title race last night.
Paul Hunt's side won 2-0 at home against King's Lynn Town Reserves thanks to goals from Mark Allibone and Dylan Edge, to maintain their two-point lead at the top of the table.
The Pedlars reached the summit at the weekend with a 4-0 win at Leiston Reserves, leapfrogging title rivals Long Melford.
Melford won 3-0 at Team Bury last night as well so Swaffham needed the three points to remain top, earned in front of a crowd of 124.
They retain a game in hand on Melford and third-placed Saffron Walden as well though, putting them firmly into the driving seat in the division.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to sixth-placed Debenham LC, looking to extend their eight-game losing streak and an unbeaten run of 14 matches.
- 1 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 2 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 3 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 10 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?