Swaffham Town take control of title race with 2-0 win over King’s Lynn Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town assumed full control of the Thurlow Nunn First Division title race last night.
Paul Hunt's side won 2-0 at home against King's Lynn Town Reserves thanks to goals from Mark Allibone and Dylan Edge, to maintain their two-point lead at the top of the table.
The Pedlars reached the summit at the weekend with a 4-0 win at Leiston Reserves, leapfrogging title rivals Long Melford.
Melford won 3-0 at Team Bury last night as well so Swaffham needed the three points to remain top, earned in front of a crowd of 124.
They retain a game in hand on Melford and third-placed Saffron Walden as well though, putting them firmly into the driving seat in the division.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to sixth-placed Debenham LC, looking to extend their eight-game losing streak and an unbeaten run of 14 matches.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages