Swaffham Town take control of title race with 2-0 win over King’s Lynn Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town assumed full control of the Thurlow Nunn First Division title race last night.
Paul Hunt's side won 2-0 at home against King's Lynn Town Reserves thanks to goals from Mark Allibone and Dylan Edge, to maintain their two-point lead at the top of the table.
The Pedlars reached the summit at the weekend with a 4-0 win at Leiston Reserves, leapfrogging title rivals Long Melford.
Melford won 3-0 at Team Bury last night as well so Swaffham needed the three points to remain top, earned in front of a crowd of 124.
They retain a game in hand on Melford and third-placed Saffron Walden as well though, putting them firmly into the driving seat in the division.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to sixth-placed Debenham LC, looking to extend their eight-game losing streak and an unbeaten run of 14 matches.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent