Swaffham Town take control of title race with 2-0 win over King’s Lynn Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town assumed full control of the Thurlow Nunn First Division title race last night.
Paul Hunt's side won 2-0 at home against King's Lynn Town Reserves thanks to goals from Mark Allibone and Dylan Edge, to maintain their two-point lead at the top of the table.
The Pedlars reached the summit at the weekend with a 4-0 win at Leiston Reserves, leapfrogging title rivals Long Melford.
Melford won 3-0 at Team Bury last night as well so Swaffham needed the three points to remain top, earned in front of a crowd of 124.
They retain a game in hand on Melford and third-placed Saffron Walden as well though, putting them firmly into the driving seat in the division.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to sixth-placed Debenham LC, looking to extend their eight-game losing streak and an unbeaten run of 14 matches.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans