Swaffham Town’s first team and reserves are both flying high
- Credit: Eddie Deane
There are smiles all round at Swaffham Town at the moment, with both the club's first team and reserves team sitting top of their league tables.
At Shoemakers Lane, the Pedlars' first team hosted Braintree Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division, where the game took several twists and turns.
Braintree went down to 10 men following Alfie Walker receiving two yellow cards, and one of their coaches being sent from the dug out, However, they took the lead in the 33rd minute against the run of play.
They then were gifted an own goal just two minutes later but Swaffham pulled it back just a minute later, Joe Woods finding the back of the net and then Joe Jackson restoring the balance three minutes later.
Swaffham then took control of the second half, the Pedlars finally taking the lead in the 57th minute as Rory Harper finished with style. Jackson bagged his second in the 64th minute and the final nail in the Braintree coffin was a cracking full volley from Mikey Thompson, lashing home from Jackson's corner at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
The reserves continued their good form as well, moving top of the Anglian Combination Division Three table with a 4-1 victory at North Walsham Reserves, with goals from Finlay Bloodworth, Armed Rhaouti, Billy Russell and Ashley St John.
On Saturday the first team host Hempnall in the Norfolk Senior Cup and the reserves are in league action at Fakenham Reserves.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site