Swaffham Town’s daunting week continues at second-placed Stanway Rovers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday.
- Credit: Archant
With no game on Saturday the Pedlars returned to action last night when reigning champions and league leaders Norwich United arrived at Shoemakers Lane.
Town remain five points clear of the relegation zone but with two games in hand on 18th-placed Thetford ahead of the trip to Stanway.
The under-18s were the only Swaffham side to complete a fixture last week, the weather beating the first team midweek and the reserves in the Anglian Combination on Saturday, with both fixtures suffering from waterlogged pitches. The Young Pedlars progressed safely through the preliminary round of the Thurlow Nunn Youth Cup with a 2-1 victory over Downham Town.
Callum Robinson and Jack Prentice scored for Swaffham and the Downham consolation came from a bizarre own goal.
The U18s will travel to The Walks to face King's Lynn Town on Wednesday, March 16 for the next round.
You may also want to watch:
They are in league action tomorrow evening, at home to CSF Canaries. Swaffham sit second in the North Division table with two games remaining but Easton and Otley College have now wrapped up the title, with a nine-point lead, after holding the Pedlars to a 1-1 draw last week.
On Saturday the reserves are at home to fifth-placed Hemsby in Division Three, looking to extend their eight-match unbeaten run.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk