It’s now just one point from a possible 12 for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town's disappointing run of form in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League continued when they lost to Framlingham Town for the second time in little over a month.
The Pedlars followed up a 2-1 defeat on home soil back in January with a 3-0 defeat in Suffolk on Saturday to slip further off the pace in the battle for promotion.
Having taken just one point from four games since an 8-0 victory at Needham Market Reserves on January 6 they are now seven points adrift of Framlingham in fourth spot, having played three more games.
Following the reverse match, where the hoops of Framlingham and the stripes of Swaffham produced confusion for those spectating, the Pedlars chose to change strip to red shirts on Saturday, as sponsored by Swaffham Building Supplies.
Boosted by the rare sight of sunshine and blue skies, the Pedlars started well but were denied a penalty in the opening minutes which might have changed the course of the afternoon. They had plenty of the play in the first half but found themselves 2-0 down, with Danny Smith getting both of the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Uncharacteristically Joe Jackson missed a lob in a one-on-one with the keeper which would have levelled the score at 1-1.
The final damage was done five minutes into the second half with a cross by the Framlingham right back Sine Prado Rodriguez somehow finding the back of the net.
- 1 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 2 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 3 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 10 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
The previous weekend's punishment of the pitch in the 2-2 draw with Little Oakley put paid to both the Under-18 and Reserve fixtures at Shoemakers Lane this week.
There is still lots of work required to repair the damage in preparation for the Thurlow Nunn League clash with Cornard United on Saturday.
The Reserves are set to continue their campaign on Saturday away to leaders Buxton while the Under-18s, after two weeks out, are away to North Walsham.
There was a great win last Sunday for the Veterans, 4-1 against Harts with two goals from Keith Rix and two own goals. The older Pedlars have a local derby at Mundford at the weekend.