It’s now just one point from a possible 12 for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town's disappointing run of form in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League continued when they lost to Framlingham Town for the second time in little over a month.
The Pedlars followed up a 2-1 defeat on home soil back in January with a 3-0 defeat in Suffolk on Saturday to slip further off the pace in the battle for promotion.
Having taken just one point from four games since an 8-0 victory at Needham Market Reserves on January 6 they are now seven points adrift of Framlingham in fourth spot, having played three more games.
Following the reverse match, where the hoops of Framlingham and the stripes of Swaffham produced confusion for those spectating, the Pedlars chose to change strip to red shirts on Saturday, as sponsored by Swaffham Building Supplies.
Boosted by the rare sight of sunshine and blue skies, the Pedlars started well but were denied a penalty in the opening minutes which might have changed the course of the afternoon. They had plenty of the play in the first half but found themselves 2-0 down, with Danny Smith getting both of the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Uncharacteristically Joe Jackson missed a lob in a one-on-one with the keeper which would have levelled the score at 1-1.
The final damage was done five minutes into the second half with a cross by the Framlingham right back Sine Prado Rodriguez somehow finding the back of the net.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
The previous weekend's punishment of the pitch in the 2-2 draw with Little Oakley put paid to both the Under-18 and Reserve fixtures at Shoemakers Lane this week.
There is still lots of work required to repair the damage in preparation for the Thurlow Nunn League clash with Cornard United on Saturday.
The Reserves are set to continue their campaign on Saturday away to leaders Buxton while the Under-18s, after two weeks out, are away to North Walsham.
There was a great win last Sunday for the Veterans, 4-1 against Harts with two goals from Keith Rix and two own goals. The older Pedlars have a local derby at Mundford at the weekend.