Swaffham Town round off their season with two more victories
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town rounded off an encouraging season in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League with two more wins.
They returned from Leiston Reserves with an emphatic 7-2 victory in midweek before seeing off Halstead Town 2-1 at Shoemakers Lane on Saturday.
At Leiston the Pedlars went two goals down in the first 31 minutes before getting a goal back in the 32 minute, Luis Duarte finding the top left hand corner from 18 yards out.
The equaliser didn't come until the 54th minute when a great through ball from Matthew Gilchrist was clinically finished by Alex Vincent.
Vincent's brace came in the 66th minute and not to be outdone, Joe Jackson got the first of his brace in the 72nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
The game was put to bed with five minutes remaining, Ryan Pearson with a rocket from the edge of the area smashing the ball into the left hand corner of the net.
Duarte added to his tally in the 88th minute when a cross from the left hand touchline found the goal via the right hand post.
- 1 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 9 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
Jackson rounded off proceedings on the stroke of time, rounding the keeper to net for the Pedlars' seventh goal of the evening.
On Saturday, in a match sponsored by Mother Hubbards, the Pedlars again went down early in the match, a sixth minute opener shaking them into action.
The equaliser in the 25th minute came from the left foot of Vincent, his half-volley finding the left hand corner of the net.
The second Pedlars' goal in the 39th minute was the decisive score.
Duarte raced forward and crossed from the left hand touchline and his ball in was met at the back post by Jackson to head across the goal and net in the left hand corner.
The second half was entertaining but the heat and humidity was having effect on both teams and there were no further goals.
The Pedlars finished their season on a winning trail and in a respectable fourth position in the Thurlow Nunn First Division with an impressive tally on 85 points from their 40 games.
The club are grateful to supporters and sponsors for their continued enthusiasm and the George Hotel for their post-match hospitality, which has received nothing but praise from our visiting opposition.