Narrow away win takes Swaffham Town up to fifth in the table
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town moved into fifth spot in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division after a hard-fought 1-0 win at Haverhill Rovers on Saturday.
It was a tough game with only one goal in it but the Pedlars left the New Croft with the vital three points.
The goal came in the dying moments of the first half, Ben Coe getting the slightest of touches from a Nick Castellan free-kick.
With the damage done there were chances at both ends but neither keeper was really tested.
Excellent kicking from Tommy Rix provided attacking opportunities while the Pedlars dominated midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham are on the road again on Saturday to Stanway Rovers.
It was a busy time for the Reserves in league action. They had a convincing 5-1 home victory on Wednesday against Reepham Town with goals from Jamie Titmarsh, Kieran Bruce and a hat-trick for Joe Jackson.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
A tougher battle on Saturday saw Beccles Caxton visiting Shoemakers Lane and claiming a respectable 3-3 draw. Scott Moore, Kieran Bruce and Luke Askew found the back of the net for the Pedlars who are at home again this Saturday against Holt United.
A trip to Clipbush Park in midweek saw the Under-18s complete the league double over Fakenham Town. Will Butters, Tom Harwood, Kai Mayes, Scott Moore and a brace for Thomas Wagg secured the points in a 6-1 victory. This Thursday they travel to Mulberry Park, the home of Mulbarton Wanderers.
The Veterans have started their season off in good form, claiming a second league win against Frets Vets. Matthew Kenny, Andrew Hurcombe and Ray Harrison scored the goals in a thrilling 3-2 home victory.