Narrow away win takes Swaffham Town up to fifth in the table
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town moved into fifth spot in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division after a hard-fought 1-0 win at Haverhill Rovers on Saturday.
It was a tough game with only one goal in it but the Pedlars left the New Croft with the vital three points.
The goal came in the dying moments of the first half, Ben Coe getting the slightest of touches from a Nick Castellan free-kick.
With the damage done there were chances at both ends but neither keeper was really tested.
Excellent kicking from Tommy Rix provided attacking opportunities while the Pedlars dominated midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham are on the road again on Saturday to Stanway Rovers.
It was a busy time for the Reserves in league action. They had a convincing 5-1 home victory on Wednesday against Reepham Town with goals from Jamie Titmarsh, Kieran Bruce and a hat-trick for Joe Jackson.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
A tougher battle on Saturday saw Beccles Caxton visiting Shoemakers Lane and claiming a respectable 3-3 draw. Scott Moore, Kieran Bruce and Luke Askew found the back of the net for the Pedlars who are at home again this Saturday against Holt United.
A trip to Clipbush Park in midweek saw the Under-18s complete the league double over Fakenham Town. Will Butters, Tom Harwood, Kai Mayes, Scott Moore and a brace for Thomas Wagg secured the points in a 6-1 victory. This Thursday they travel to Mulberry Park, the home of Mulbarton Wanderers.
The Veterans have started their season off in good form, claiming a second league win against Frets Vets. Matthew Kenny, Andrew Hurcombe and Ray Harrison scored the goals in a thrilling 3-2 home victory.