Joe Jackson in the goals as Swaffham Town kick-off pre-season campaign
- Credit: Archant
There was a good start to Swaffham Town's preparations for the new season, with two competitive games against quality opposition.
Last Tuesday evening Soham Town Rangers visited Shoemakers Lane.
The Pedlars opening the scoring through a clinical finish from Joe Jackson, the visitors replying with the last kick of the first half.
An inspired Swaffham side then took charge of the second half, displaying quality and composure. Jackson bagged his second with a free-kick from 25 yards out to the right hand corner and completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot as the hosts won 3-1.
On Saturday a slightly changed side travelled to Holbeach United and were two down at half-time, the first goal coming after a misunderstanding at the back and the second from an unstoppable shot. The Pedlars pulled one back in the second half, Jackson netting from 14 yards, and then missed several opportunities as the game finished 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Pedlars host Peterborough North Star on Saturday and then welcome neighbours Fakenham Town to Shoemakers Lane the following Tuesday evening.
On Saturday the Reserves commence their preparations with a trip to King's Lynn SC and have a testing time ahead following their promotion to Hadley & Ottaway Anglian Combination Division Two.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Thetford Town opened their pre-season preparations with a 7-1 cruise against a young King's Lynn Reserve team and then went down 3-1 at Lakenheath on Friday evening (Bradley Sandell).
Town are at Harwich on Saturday and then host Norwich CBS at Mundford Road on Tuesday evening.