Mulbarton 1 Swaffham Town 3: Pedlars make progress in Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham warmed up for their big FA Vase encounter on Saturday by making progress in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
A 3-1 victory at fellow Thurlow Nunn Division One outfit Mulbarton Wanderers saw the Pedlars progress to round three.
The opener came in the 21st minute after a misunderstanding between the home keeper and his defence. Joe Jackson took advantage, pouncing on the loose ball to knock home from seven yards.
Matthew Gilchrist made it two in the 33rd minute with a glancing header into the right hand bottom corner of the net from a Nick Castellan free-kick. Jackson added the final punishment on the stroke of half-time, a free-kick in front of goal from 22 yards being smashed into the right hand bottom corner of the net.
Mulbarton had their chances but fine work in the Swaffham goal by Tommy Rix, who made four top notch saves, kept them out. Unfortunately he was denied what would have been a deserved clean sheet when the hosts got a consolation with five minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier the Pedlars had recorded a 2-1 midweek win in the First Division Knock Out Cup against Wisbech St Mary. Danny Tindall opened the scoring in the 15th minute, heading home from 10 yards. St Mary equalised in the 32nd minute but Jackson latched on to an Alex Vincent corner in the 67th minute to settle it.
Paul Hunt's men are away to Haverhill Borough on Saturday in the first round proper of the FA Vase. Hopefully there will be time for any injury worries to be resolved and a full squad to be available for this exciting encounter.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
There was an incredible 7-4 victory for the Reserves away to Hempnall, with goals from Liam Forshaw, Kieran Bruce (2) and an impressive four from Korben Willis.
On Saturday the Reserves hit the road again, at Aylsham Reserves.
There was a midweek 2-1 defeat for the Under-18s at home to Sheringham, Sam Martin with the Pedlars' goal. The youngsters are away to CSF Canaries this Thursday.
Not to be outdone in the County Cup competitions, the Under-16s registered a 13-0 victory away to Thetford Bulldogs.