Swaffham Town 4 Haverhill Borough 0: Best performance yet from Pedlars
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town turned in another solid all-round performance to secure three well-deserved points in Division One North of the Thurlow Nunn League.
It was clearly the best football seen so far his season, with the back four playing as a unit, all three strikers getting on the scoresheet and the midfield providing support as required.
A slow start generally seems to be the trait of the Pedlars as they feel their way into the game. But the deadlock broken in the 18th minute, with Kyle Plumb being first to the ball and nipping between keeper and full-back to convert.
He notched up his second of the afternoon just two minutes later. Alex Vincent forced the best out of the visiting keeper, blocking his shot to his left hand side, but Plumb was on hand to convert the loose ball from eight yards.
Ten minutes into the second half Joe Jackson made it three, lobbing the keeper from 18 yards. Jackson turned provider in the 67th minute with a perfectly weighted through ball for Vincent to take on and slot across the goal into the left hand corner.
On Saturday the Pedlars head to Framlingham in the Buildbase FA Vase, second round qualifying.
The Reserves were unlucky at Earsham in the Cyril Ballyn Cup. Despite having most of the play, they were unable to convert and eventually went down 2-0.
- 1 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 2 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
There is further cup action for them on Saturday, away to Snettisham in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup.
The Under 18s bowed out of the FA Youth Cup on Thursday evening. They gave a good performance but were never allowed to settle and their opponents Needham Market went 2-0 up in the first half. The Suffolk side scored a further two in the second half and although Swaffham got on to the scoresheet through Harvey Neale the visitors had the final say to win 5-1. It's back to league action midweek, with a trip to Aldiss Park, Dereham.
It was been a disappointing few days for Thetford Town in the Premier Division of the Thurlow Nunn League. They lost 4-0 at Wroxham in midweek and were then hammered 5-0 at in-form Kirkley & Pakefield side on Saturday. Liam Harvey-Cooper's double and a Kaiden Goldspink effort put the Royals in charge at the break and further goals from Miguel Lopez and Lee Will saw the home side run riot. Town have now lost four on the trot while scoring just once and conceding 17 times. They are without a game at the weekend.